Huntland @ Moore Co……..Week 8

RaiderzFan

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I apologize.  It was the Eagleville game I attended not the FC game.  I did have a couple friends that was at that game & filled me in.  I attended our homecoming that week.

I attended FC homecoming last week.  And watched them fumble that game away. 

Yeah I listened to FC last week online. Felt bad for those guys. Always a couple of mistakes away from victory. They still have an outside shot at the last playoff spot in their region.

Back on the topic of Huntland, anyone have any thoughts on what this program can do to get things back on track? They had some success in the 90s when Reed was a player. 

5 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

anyone have any thoughts on what this program can do to get things back on track?

they have a really good group of younger grades so there’s enough talent there to improve a lot. they just don’t have the talent or leadership to complete this year. i believe reed will get them right and you’ll see improvement next year

18 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

Yeah I listened to FC last week online. Felt bad for those guys. Always a couple of mistakes away from victory. They still have an outside shot at the last playoff spot in their region.

Back on the topic of Huntland, anyone have any thoughts on what this program can do to get things back on track? They had some success in the 90s when Reed was a player. 

Very few upperclassmen and even fewer leaders. The fresh & soph classes have some good talent. Culture change takes time as well. Coach Reed has drive & passion. He will have the program in a good place soon.

2 hours ago, phil24 said:

Very few upperclassmen and even fewer leaders. The fresh & soph classes have some good talent. Culture change takes time as well. Coach Reed has drive & passion. He will have the program in a good place soon.

He has some good classes coming up from middle school too. Future should be bright for huntland. I’ve always liked reed so I hope he turns that program around

On 10/9/2023 at 3:21 PM, RaiderzFan said:

We will see come Playoffs Round 3 in Lynchburg….Praying it happens!!!! I promise you McKenzie don’t won’t none of Dawson White & Co….

The person speaking about McKenzie is from Dresden. Mckenzie is fully aware of what Moore Co brings to the table because MC will be favored in the game if it happens. You say McK don't want none, but they won't be the slightest bit intimidated that much I will say.

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

The person speaking about McKenzie is from Dresden. Mckenzie is fully aware of what Moore Co brings to the table because MC will be favored in the game if it happens. You say McK don't want none, but they won't be the slightest bit intimidated that much I will say.

I for one just want MC to take it one game at a time. If the path crosses with McKenzie so be it. They are always up for the challenge. Should be a dandy if it happens.

On 10/11/2023 at 12:00 PM, PercyPeabody said:

It's definitely a special team for sure. This is probably the best team in Lynchburg since 88 so I can't argue with what some folks are saying. No disrespect to all the teams of the 90s along with the 99 state runner up squad, but this team has a lot of weapons. Fans have really put a lot of expectations and pressure on this group to achieve big things. 

Solid team but not close to 90s. Competition this year is weak.

1 minute ago, ecu said:

The 90s were special. I thought the 1996 and 97 teams were phenomenal. I recall The Tennessean did an article that stated even though Moore Co was single A, the school has the 5th biggest line in the state weight wise on paper...  J. Beavers center, J. Bobo guard, D. Evans tackle, F. Lewis TE, S. Stewart guard, D. Noles TE, and A. Prince tackle (included the two TEs) because most formations were double tight out of McCurry's Wing T. They were a well oiled machine for sure. 96 team should've met S Pitt in the title game. I've never seen worse field conditions than in the semifinal game at St. Benedict but that's for another discussion. lol It was a crushing 7-6 defeat. 

I guess you do have a very valid point. Competition was fierce. Lake Co, Wayne Co, SPitt, Collinwood, USJ, Bruceton...there were so many good teams near and far. 

23 minutes ago, ecu said:

My father ran into a gentleman years ago that was part of some of the Moore Co teams of the 60s that won their fair share of DRVC titles. He was asked his thoughts on who would win between the teams of the 60s and teams of the 90s. The gentleman laughed and said sheer size alone would have sealed it for the 90s squads but 60s teams were tough as pine knots. I don't doubt it for a minute. :mrgreen: