AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 9, 2023

Southtowner

8 hours ago, hogheaven said:

And just like that..... west Carroll war beagles realize they are NOT top 10 worthy.  

thinkin worthiness in top 10 has a value of diddly squat....top 10 rankins by TN pressers who have fractional knowledge of the majority of teams they are voting for is comical at best....

....a loss to a higher div school regardless of how good or bad they are has 0 value to post season play....they do not send teams to playoffs and championship games by rankins...

....didnt even know WC was in the top 10 

Booger just sayin :roll:

On 10/12/2023 at 7:31 PM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

There you go making things up again because you're in your feelings. Just tell me one thing so we can just be done with this. Why do you value losing to teams you shouldn't beat more than beating teams you probably should? Why is losing more impressive 

Yes,may as well put it to rest.At least LC losing to top teams.Not Camden who lost to Milan about 40 points and Trenton,which is down by about 30. A top team shouldn't lose to Camden

On 10/12/2023 at 9:12 PM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I appreciate the well wishes. I wouldn't doubt if they end up with Coach J Puckett sooner or later. I'm sure Haywood pays a lot better than we could ever dream. I'm also sure Morris makes his way back to his alma mater eventually as well. That's 1A ball. Can't expect a coach or coaches to stay 20 years anymore. All you can hope is they leave the program better than when they got here. I still don't understand what bigsters beef is though. Anytime we have success he seems to have an axe to grind. We're not even in the same region right now he can give it a rest. 

Not an axe to grind whether it's West Carroll,Greenfield,Gleason.They win about 5 games in a row playing very weak teams.Voters vote them in top 10 cause of just wins.Then they play someone and reality sets in.Id go with a LC or a Union City any day with 3 or 4 losses if the teams beat them are Haywood,Ensworth,Dyersburg etc over a team 8 and 2 playing Perry Co,Bruceton Etc.I value wins but also losses if a team is beaten by a top team compared to easy wins.Had West Carroll lost to teams like that.Can  say they still a top team

Bigster the only argument I would have in your above statement is that LC has not been competitive in those games against Dyersburg, Obion Central and JCS. A team like West Carroll would also get blown out by those teams. So the loses do not out weigh as much as a win against the lesser opponents. If LC had played within 14 points of those teams then I would say that it was a good loss. A win is always better in my book but I get what you are saying but like I said LC was non competitive in those games.

Edited by lakecounty1968

Just now, lakecounty1968 said:

Bigster the only argument I would have in your above statement is that LC has no competitive in those games against Dyersburg, Obion Central and JCS. A team like West Carroll would also get blown out by those teams. So the loses do not out weigh a,win against the lesser opponents. If LC had played within 14 points of those teams then I would say that it was a good loss. A win is always better in my book but I get what you are saying but like I said LC was non competitive in those games.

I disagree.West Carroll would get beat by 60 against those teams.Camden proved that.Camden has lost to Milan by about 40 points.To a down Trenton by 30 .Those teams aren't as good as Dyersburg.JCS