Gallatin @ Springfield

BruiseBrother98

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

The Wave visits the JAC on the 20th.  Then the Bucs come to the JAC the following week on the 27th

Is there really any doubt with who is playing who? 

Looking at restaurant options in Springfield.  Local fare not the typical chain places.  I know several good ones, it’s just what I am in the mood for come Friday.  

6 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Is there really any doubt with who is playing who? 

Looking at restaurant options in Springfield.  Local fare not the typical chain places.  I know several good ones, it’s just what I am in the mood for come Friday.  

The Depot seems to be the favorite by the majority, it is really good though...

1 minute ago, LEON said:

68th meeting between Springfield and Gallatin with series being tied 33-33-2 . The Jackets dominated the series in the Boyce Smith era 1928-71. The Wave dominated the 70’s and 80’s during the Jim Barron era the Wave lost only once in 1975 his last year as head coach. The Calvin Short era was dominated by the Wave losing only twice from 1976-1987.The Jackets upset Gallatin in 1980 and 1981 during the Jerry Pearson era ironically his brother Jimbo was head coach in1975 before his unexpected death in the Spring of 1976. The series was ended in the 1988 season except for 2001-04 and 2011-2018 with Gallatin winning all but three times . Gallatin and Springfield have met in the playoffs twice with Gallatin winning in 1977 and Springfield winning in 2014. The first meeting was 1926 and the last match was in the 2018 season. Always one of my favorite games , hope the series continues in the future.

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

Leon

Didn't we beat the Wave twice in 2014. Once in the regular season and the first round of the playoffs? 

Yes 17-14 and first round of playoffs 34-21. Gallatin did the same in 1977 28-21 in regular season and 29-0 in the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Boyce Smith Field probably had 6,000 people in attendance for that playoff game in 77. I was there. 

Oddly enough back in 1977 it’s a good thing engineers weren’t inspecting bleachers the visitors side bleachers were all wooden on the metal frames with no designated aisles or handrails. At one time there were bleachers in the east end zone built along the block wall ,in 77 and much later the blocks remained (barely) . Of course later all the bleachers were replaced with aluminum. In early 2000 we had our issues with the top half of the visitor bleachers closed off and later removed around 2004 there were more issues with the stadium, the whole stadium was in threat of being condemned. In 2005 Boyce Smith Field had all the remaining bleachers were dismantled and replaced with a much much smaller capacity and a new press box was added . The renovation also was to the last minute of the 2005 season luckily the first two games were on the road or it wouldn’t have been ready for the home opener with Shelbyville with Jackets taking a 30-6 victory. The current stadium had land donated to the school system and a new stadium was constructed behind the current high school in 2017. It is a much smaller venue than the old Boyce Smith Field which at one time seated over 7,000. It has been a great thing for the football program to have a stadium on campus and oddly enough that first season the Jackets advanced to the 4A State Championship game as did the 2019 Jackets.