Oak Ridge vs Lenior City

bounder

Welp here it is ... doesn't seem like nobody wants to talk about it or just don't care about it. I care so here goes. Yep we had a go at Bearden and didn't come out ahead but we held our own and could have won. 

Seems there aren't as many of us posting for Oak Ridge like before. Where is everybody? Since Willie ain't here it just ain't the same.

This week we need to go out and get up early and play everybody. Lenior City ain't a Bearden by any means but we can't overlook them either. Give them a good dose of "Bull Dozieritis" and then throw the ball all over the place and get home with a win!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

LC fooled me after they beat Clinton. I watched their entire game vs. Heritage, and they were dreadful in that game. I think they are a product of their weak schedule. They probably aren't as bad as they were last week, but I think they took advantage of a down and out Clinton team the week before.

I don't think this game will be close.

28 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

LC fooled me after they beat Clinton. I watched their entire game vs. Heritage, and they were dreadful in that game. I think they are a product of their weak schedule. They probably aren't as bad as they were last week, but I think they took advantage of a down and out Clinton team the week before.

I don't think this game will be close.

This is the part of the year some teams just want to get it over with and just quit cold turkey. 

On 10/18/2023 at 7:58 AM, SheriffofRedRock said:

OR wins this one easy as long as they don't throw the ball too much. New HC likes to throw it too much when he has a top RB in 22. If QB throws it too much he throws INTs and LC will play ball control and make it be a closer game than it should be.

I love 22 but he has carried the ball an awful lot.Some complain too much.Rang is a great coach and I think he knows to win the big games that matter at Oak Ridge we will have to be able to throw in some big games.I really liked how he called the game last week.But I agree we can't let LC get the lead and start milking clock.

Edited by NoleNation3

22 minutes ago, NoleNation3 said:

I love 22 but he has carried the ball an awful lot.Some complain too much.Rang is a great coach and I think he knows to win the big games that matter at Oak Ridge we will have to be able to throw in some big games.I really liked how he called the game last week.But I agree we can't let LC get the lead and start milking clock.

Run him as much as you can. This is his only year where he has been a workhorse back. All other years he split time with RBs that were worse than him. He is ok so far at calling plays. Im anxious to see how he does next year when there are way less athletes scattered around on Offense. That will be the year to tell how good of a play caller he is. 

Lenoir City has run some single wing and it’s important for the defense to stay home and not get caught with its misdirection plays. They got us last year on what looked like the old Buck lateral play for a 69 yard play. OR struggled a bit with them last year before pulling away in the second half. Win this one and clinch the Region.