#2 Oakland @ #8 Ravenwood

MidTennFootball

54 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

Hard to really compare stats because Creasy missed 4 full games due to injury. I do think Freeman is slightly better though. He has a better arm. Creasy knows the offense better 

Completion percentage and interception to td ratio? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not at the Oakland games so you may be right about what you’re saying but stats can be a strong indicator of to who is a better qb.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

6 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Completion percentage and interception to td ratio? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not at the Oakland games so you may be right about what you’re saying but stats can be a strong indicator of to who is a better qb.

@jhawk23 is right,  Freeman is probably the better passer, but Kyler knows the offense better. A good problem to have

41 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Oakland wins 42-18. Wasn't pretty at times but Oakland needed a game like this where they were challenged before they face Riverdale 

Got to see the game tonight.  Couple of things that I noticed.  Oakland was very inconsistent offensively and defensively in the 1st and 3rd quarters, and were dominant in the second and most of the fourth.  As for the QB's performance.......Creasy is still a little shaky when passing.

3 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Got to see the game tonight.  Couple of things that I noticed.  Oakland was very inconsistent offensively and defensively in the 1st and 3rd quarters, and were dominant in the second and most of the fourth.  As for the QB's performance.......Creasy is still a little shaky when passing.

No argument here. 1st quarter we shot ourselves in the foot. Defense held Ravenwood to 125 yards of total offense. Creasy is getting there after missing half the season, but if Oakland gets in a situation where they need to sling it, I'd rather have Freeman in there, but Creasy has forgotten more about football than I know so I trust whatever choice he makes

18 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Freeman is a better option in my opinion.   At least for me it was very obvious from the time Freeman came in when Creasy was injured.   More accurate arm.  Better footwork,  more comfortable in the pocket and certainly doesn't shy away from contact.  I'm pulling for the Creasy kid and hopefully he will get more comfortable.   My .02 cents.  Where might Brady be if Bledsoe would have been given his job back when he returned?

9 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Freeman is a better option in my opinion.   At least for me it was very obvious from the time Freeman came in when Creasy was injured.   More accurate arm.  Better footwork,  more comfortable in the pocket and certainly doesn't shy away from contact.  I'm pulling for the Creasy kid and hopefully he will get more comfortable.   My .02 cents.  Where might Brady be if Bledsoe would have been given his job back when he returned?

I would agree with you about Freeman, he does appear to be the better of the two. He did, however, get off to a shaky start with the ill-advised interception. 

8 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I would agree with you about Freeman, he does appear to be the better of the two. He did, however, get off to a shaky start with the ill-advised interception. 

Correct me if I’m wrong as I only saw highlights of the game, but I thought Creasy was the only one to throw an INT last night 

2 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong as I only saw highlights of the game, but I thought Creasy was the only one to throw an INT last night 

Yes, you are wrong. Late in the second half Freeman through a deep ball that was intercepted. His only issue was he waited to long to release it.  I do agree, however, he is more talented than Creasy.

3 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Yes, you are wrong. Late in the second half Freeman through a deep ball that was intercepted. His only issue was he waited to long to release it.  I do agree, however, he is more talented than Creasy.

Thanks, I only knew of 2 INTs that were thrown. I would also agree with Freeman being more talented, but it’s likely that Oakland will continue to play both going forward