Farrah-gut sales two tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

2 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

The old rhino was unstoppable. I miss a lot of the old schemes. Shotgun split back used to be a staple in their offense. Never see it anymore. 

We're not seeing many points anymore either ... sadly ... We used to have a blitzing , attacking style of defense too ... the good old days right ?!

2 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

I am serious. and don't call me shirley.

They lost the game. 3A to 6A is a big difference, regardless of Alcoa's top 4-5 players being elite. 

Now you're just trying to get me to brag on Alcoa ... and I'm not gonna fall for it ... Shirley  ... LOL 

From the beginning of the year I personally expected us to go 6-4 but not exactly this way. I knew replacing 17 seniors was going to be pretty hard no matter who the coach was. I guess my biggest surprise is how well this team did hang in there with a tougher schedule than normal. I said if we can play a decent ballgame with a bunch of these teams that have improved that's really all you can ask for and I could deal with that. I know we all have been up and down on the coaching this year but I do have to say replacing 17 seniors is a tough job for any staff plus losing our best player in the middle of the first game and to play like we have has actually a wonder we didn't end up 3-7.

28 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

I am serious. and don't call me shirley.

They lost the game. 3A to 6A is a big difference, regardless of Alcoa's top 4-5 players being elite. 

Year in and year out Alcoa is better than most 6A teams in Tennessee. I think most years Alcoa would be a top 5 all public divisions combined. 

8 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Year in and year out Alcoa is better than most 6A teams in Tennessee. I think most years Alcoa would be a top 5 all public divisions combined. 

This is the most talented alcoa team in the last 10 years and they won on a fluke fumble by a 7 win bearden team and lost to the worst maryville team since the 90s. come on. 2-8 in their last 10 against maryville and in the last 5 they've averaged 17 points. 

3 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

This is the most talented alcoa team in the last 10 years and they won on a fluke fumble by a 7 win bearden team and lost to the worst maryville team since the 90s. come on. 2-8 in their last 10 against maryville and in the last 5 they've averaged 17 points. 

You're comparing them to Maryville which year in and year out is at least a top 3 6A team. Your examples are trimmed down to just this year. I said year in and year out. It may be true that this years Maryville team is way down. But Maryville vs. Alcoa is a huge rivalry game. You just throw the records out. I still say Alcoa would be a top 5, all public classifications. 

9 hours ago, Former44 said:

Congratulations to a gritty bunch of Admirals! What a great way to send the Seniors out. Depth at spots has been a challenge the last few years and it certainly reared its ugly head in key games, but the kids kept battling. Outstanding effort by the Farragut offensive line. Also, congrats to Wyatt Drummy; 38 carries for 166 yards and 1,000 yards for the season - great accomplishment after losing his backfield mate. Also, what a way to finish a great career for Jack Alley - #2  all-time in tackles at Farragut. 

Huge win and a big shoutout to Farragut. Team could have quit after the Oak Ridge and Jeff Co games but played their hearts out to finish the season with wins over HVA and Maryville. Testament to those kids and the coaching staff!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

From the beginning of the year I personally expected us to go 6-4 but not exactly this way. I knew replacing 17 seniors was going to be pretty hard no matter who the coach was. I guess my biggest surprise is how well this team did hang in there with a tougher schedule than normal. I said if we can play a decent ballgame with a bunch of these teams that have improved that's really all you can ask for and I could deal with that. I know we all have been up and down on the coaching this year but I do have to say replacing 17 seniors is a tough job for any staff plus losing our best player in the middle of the first game and to play like we have has actually a wonder we didn't end up 3-7.

I do agree it’s always tough to replace that many seniors, and these kids have played hard all year no matter the circumstances. My issue is that last year they had all those seniors and still struggled to go 7-3. The product in the field has consistently diminished over the last 2+ years. Maryville is not contending for championships, much less winning their own region. Talent can come and go and always will, but the coaching, preparation, and game planning has always been what Maryville hangs its hat on. Not saying they’re all bad coaches by any stretch. They have a really good core no doubt. But the HC needs to make some changes this off-season if they want to play for championships again anytime soon. The schemes they’re running the last couple of years compared to what they were running when he first took over and they were winning or competing for championships, is night and day. And not in a good way. 

To have played like we did against Cleveland and Alcoa and what happened last night looked like one of those days when you go to work and know you woke up on the wrong side of the bed and just want to go back home and start all over. That's just about the best way to describe last night. I also hate to say this but the two bad spots on the same drive and the fiddly farting around on the holding call against Farragut made me so mad I was actually happy they overcame that or at least got past the poing where it didn't affect the game. Someone needs to retire no matter how bad the shortage of officials are.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

To have played like we did against Cleveland and Alcoa and what happened last night looked like one of those days when you go to work and know you woke up on the wrong side of the bed and just want to go back home and start all over. That's just about the best way to describe last night. I also hate to say this but the two bad spots on the same drive and the fiddly farting around on the holding call against Farragut made me so mad I was actually happy they overcame that or at least got past the poing where it didn't affect the game. Someone needs to retire no matter how bad the shortage of officials are.

Yeah TSSAA has had an officiating problem for years and nothing is ever done about it. There’s no accountability whatsoever.