Gordonsville/Clay County. R4-1A Championship

TheBlueprint

On 10/22/2023 at 12:37 AM, TheBlueprint said:

I like our chance in this one. Can’t really compare the scores against TC imo. The TC Clay played last week is obviously much improved from the one we played. I do think our schedule is overall a little better which helps us. Realistically this game is all about bragging rights to say you are region champs and being able to avoid SP for another week. Good luck to both team and Go Tigers 

SP has the skill to outmatch anyone. Up front is another issue. All in orange and black know the third round opponent will not be a cake walk.

3 hours ago, powerp said:

SP has the skill to outmatch anyone. Up front is another issue. All in orange and black know the third round opponent will not be a cake walk.

I really think you guys are sandbagging. You guys have blown everyone out except for MTCS. I truthfully don’t think us or Clay will be able to match up with SP at all.

28 minutes ago, Dog13 said:

I still think Clay gets it done and wins this game 21-14. They have to catch balls better than they did against TC though( 3 dropped tds)as well as tackle better. They do get a receiver back that been missing since pre season scrimmage injury. He’s fast. 

How fast? Fast enough to make fast people look not fast?

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Only beat a 2-8 Franklin County team 28-14 as well. 

A 2-8 5A school with a pretty good schedule is a really good win for ANY 1A school. Even if it’s only by 14 points. Looking at Franklin Co’s schedule, they have been in every game they have played except for 1. I don’t think “only” a 14 point win in week 2 against a 5A school means you guys will have much competition in 1A east

7 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

A 2-8 5A school with a pretty good schedule is a really good win for ANY 1A school. Even if it’s only by 14 points. Looking at Franklin Co’s schedule, they have been in every game they have played except for 1. I don’t think “only” a 14 point win in week 2 against a 5A school means you guys will have much competition in 1A east

Rebels aren't a bad team.  They were up on MoCo at the half then MoCo took over.