Beech at Springfield

JacketLover

58 minutes ago, CCLHL08 said:

Not disagreeing . But there’s been Nothing done at east in 15 + years the the football facility. It’s pitiful 

Yes it’s bad lighting etc. SPRINGFIELD has no Middle School but we have 10-15 kids per classroom at a magnet school in the SMS building (Wonder what classroom sizes are at Coopertown now? )  I’m not talking about bleachers my friend. Maybe after that city behind WH Heritage is completed and they need a Middle School. They can combine East and Heritage together for a middle school halfway between Cross Plains and White House. The middle school wings at East can be shut down and the East Middle grades be combined with Heritage. Innovation Academy can move to classrooms in former East middle and Springfield Middle can return to it former building thats more than 90 years old. By the way the county didn’t build it nor did they Cheatham Park which is near 70 years old and still in use housing elementary grades , Springfield was an independent city school system then. I’m talking way more than bleachers , poor misguided decisions will be paid for by higher taxes.

• Upvote 1

Great effort by the Jackets lots of fight playing your opponents for four quarters when most including myself didn’t think it would be this close. Let’s go to Memphis and pull a shocker. Lots of young players have shown improvement and the Jacket defense has brought it every Friday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Beech doing Beech things now. They came out as flat as I’ve ever seen a Bud team in a long time; similar to how Springfield came out against Hunters Lane. 
The bad snap right before half was a killer

Flat is a very nice way to put it. Beech looked absolutely horrific coming out. Hats off to Springfield for coming out with a fury and playing 4 quarters of football.

Most people will obviously pick Southwind to win next week, but I’m not so sure. If we can both win next week we will have a rematch in round two. 

6 minutes ago, eers said:

Flat is a very nice way to put it. Beech looked absolutely horrific coming out. Hats off to Springfield for coming out with a fury and playing 4 quarters of football.

Most people will obviously pick Southwind to win next week, but I’m not so sure. If we can both win next week we will have a rematch in round two. 

Flat was better than horrible or not interested, I guess  :D. I’m sure Coach Crabtree “discussed” it with his young team at halftime. I’d like a rematch in round 2, it would be a lot shorter drive than Memphis for sure. 

4 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Flat was better than horrible or not interested, I guess  :D. I’m sure Coach Crabtree “discussed” it with his young team at halftime. I’d like a rematch in round 2, it would be a lot shorter drive than Memphis for sure. 

I think horrible or not interested would be more accurate. I hear it was quite the discussion at halftime. Seemed to be a little more intentional about things in the second half. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eers said:

Was that Bert Jones playing QB for you tonight?

1 hour ago, DANR said:

Jackets have improved. Wouldn't be shocked to see an upset round one against SW, but I know nothing about them.

Good to see the Fr QB get some snaps, he's got a live arm and hit some nice passes. Should be a good player as he matures and gets stronger!

Freshman QB barring any major injuries will most likely finish his SHS career as the best pure passer in program history.

Excited for the future.