Marion Co. vs Cascade

JonSnow

6 minutes ago, BigCornbread said:

Or considering your coach went to SP and your best player is an offspring of a pirate alumni we could say that GBT means “Gotta Borrow Talent” instead of “Got Beat by Trezevant” 

Either way works for me. 

If I'm not mistaken Starkey and Pickett were from Jasper. Transferred down to sp for high school. 

1 hour ago, BigCornbread said:

Or considering your coach went to SP and your best player is an offspring of a pirate alumni we could say that GBT means “Gotta Borrow Talent” instead of “Got Beat by Trezevant” 

Either way works for me. 

Why does it matter where someone played in the 90’s this is a whole new ball game. Just because someone’s parents went to a school doesn’t mean their kids have to go too. 

1 hour ago, CoyDillard said:

If I'm not mistaken Starkey and Pickett were from Jasper. Transferred down to sp for high school. 

I don’t post anymore but this is completely false. Yes you are mistaken. Tim Starkey is from Hamburg located in South Pittsburg son. Born and raised his whole life there. Sam Pickett went to SPES all through school and is originally from Whitwell not Jasper so your wrong there as well. As you were.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TrainTracks said:

I don’t post anymore but this is completely false. Yes you are mistaken. Tim Starkey is from Hamburg located in South Pittsburg son. Born and raised his whole life there. Sam Pickett went to SPES all through school and is originally from Whitwell not Jasper so your wrong there as well. As you were.

Coach Starkey might tell you a different story. As for Sam his dad was from Whitwell and his mom from Jasper. They lived on Browder Switch Rd in Jasper. As you were.

On 10/23/2023 at 12:55 PM, cascadehomer said:

Rt.---but, i need a Seq fan to say they were at full strength 

Sequatchie was at full strength, but probably the worst game they played so far. Offensive line wouldn’t block, play calling was horrible and just couldn’t tackle, seq has young backs especially with #22 who will run over you as a freshman and he never touched the ball against Marion. Coach wants to run the middle everytime or screen plays. Sequatchie should be better next year, only have 5-6 seniors who start. Taking nothing away from Marion they have some athletes and a solid team but SP would honestly beat Marion by 35. SP has talent everywhere. Oline and dline are ridiculously good, qb is the best in the area probably. Sp and seq score should’ve been worse than what it was. Good luck to both valley teams, should make good runs in the playoffs 

2 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

Coach Starkey might tell you a different story. As for Sam his dad was from Whitwell and his mom from Jasper. They lived on Browder Switch Rd in Jasper. As you were.

Then he would be lying. You might can educate me on something else but it won’t be educating me about two dudes I know better than you. No sense in lying to make yourself feel better about having two former Pirates helping your program. They can put that purple on and pretend but they will always be Pirates. Enjoy it while it last. 

Edited by TrainTracks