Marion Co. vs Cascade

JonSnow

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

If you wanted a book (movie) deal you should have moved to McKenzie and followed that 'ol ice cream truck around. Adventures of Butchie and Duck...probably would have been bigger than them National Lampoon movies with Chevy Chase in 'em if you could have quit laughing long enough to write 'em down. If you think them watered down retellings that made it on these message boards were good...

:smile:

I followed the stories they put on here.  Couldn't wait to tune in and read the escapades.  I'm sure they were the rated "G"  version compared to what really happened.  

13 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

:smile:

I followed the stories they put on here.  Couldn't wait to tune in and read the escapades.  I'm sure they were the rated "G"  version compared to what really happened.  

Not choir boys, but really good dudes...reminded me of George and Lenny (bet you get it), without disparaging anyone's intelligence.

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

So which one is George & which is Lennie? Or is that a mute point?  The point being their close relationship? 

Duck wasn't a little guy, but next to Butchie he looked like it. The duo thing really wasn't an act for the 'T either, they were thick as thieves and spent a lot of time around each other. The Lenny reference bothered me for Butchie because he's a long way from the dumb character in the movie, but the way him and Duck played off each other as the wisecracker and the straight man was as good as Martin/Lewis, Abbott/Costello, ect... The only time they broke character where you could see through their BS was around family. Duck was around 6' with a gray scruffy beard and ponytail... I swear Butchie was close to 7', with a barrel chest, arms like my legs, and fists looked as big as two country hams. 

Before we knew that Duck would be too weak to go, he wanted to hunt with us at least once that winter. Planning the trip, Duck wised off something about how sick he'd be by then, and Butchie said (just a little too loud) that he'd carry him out there if he needed to. When Duck was hugging on his grandson after the game was over, Butchie came over, looked me in the eye with tears in his and told me again. I didn't doubt that he would.

Got nothing to do with Marion/Cascade, but man I miss 'em.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Duck wasn't a little guy, but next to Butchie he looked like it. The duo thing really wasn't an act for the 'T either, they were thick as thieves and spent a lot of time around each other. The Lenny reference bothered me for Butchie because he's a long way from the dumb character in the movie, but the way him and Duck played off each other as the wisecracker and the straight man was as good as Martin/Lewis, Abbott/Costello, ect... The only time they broke character where you could see through their BS was around family. Duck was around 6' with a gray scruffy beard and ponytail... I swear Butchie was close to 7', with a barrel chest, arms like my legs, and fists looked as big as two country hams. 

Before we knew that Duck would be too weak to go, he wanted to hunt with us at least once that winter. Planning the trip, Duck wised off something about how sick he'd be by then, and Butchie said (just a little too loud) that he'd carry him out there if he needed to. When Duck was hugging on his grandson after the game was over, Butchie came over, looked me in the eye with tears in his and told me again. I didn't doubt that he would.

Got nothing to do with Marion/Cascade, but man I miss 'em.

Good story Trader2.  Thanks for sharing.