Lipscomb Academy

BelmontRebel

5 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

who do you think turned LA in?  They ain't going no where.

TSSAA loves the attendance at private school playoff games and they love the crowds they bring to the Blue Cross bowl. Its all about money.  Private schools should write their by laws and get out.  Make it like college.  Open recruitment a one time transfer after 1 you sit out.  Schools can pay tuition and provide housing whatever.  Whoever has the most $$$$$ wins.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Intheknow2 said:

So is the kid paying full tuition at Ensworth or did he get an NIL deal?

It seems like everyone in Nashville and Chattanooga knows exactly who this family is.  After doing some X analytics on players announcing their departure from David Lipscomb it’s obvious there are only 2 possibilities.  The QB Graham that is now at Riverdale, but graduating and the other is Cooper that announced he was going to Ensworth back In the spring.   I guess it’s narrowed down now.

You raise an interest question about the ability to pay for Ensworth.  As the text messages go, David Lipscomb was not renewing his financial aide.  Isn’t a clearinghouse the decision maker on the amount?  I believe Ensworth is more expensive, so how is he affording the higher price? 

Was this all revenge by the Dad for the school not renewing his financial aide?  With all the reported school hoping and the radio show calling Scott Cooper Mr Text Message, this must have been the family with a scarlet letter.  Don’t you know some of those Lipscomb kids are pissed and telling college coaches to flee that family.

Anywho, championships await!

9 hours ago, Smokey2Go said:

Trent Diler my arse, this is ALL on this year's coaching and athletic department.  No one else.  To be transparent, most winning programs have skeletons in their closet and/or walk a fine line hoping they haven't violated the vague TSSAA guidelines.  

Check the dates on those text messages 

4 hours ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

It seems like everyone in Nashville and Chattanooga knows exactly who this family is.  After doing some X analytics on players announcing their departure from David Lipscomb it’s obvious there are only 2 possibilities.  The QB Graham that is now at Riverdale, but graduating and the other is Cooper that announced he was going to Ensworth back In the spring.   I guess it’s narrowed down now.

You raise an interest question about the ability to pay for Ensworth.  As the text messages go, David Lipscomb was not renewing his financial aide.  Isn’t a clearinghouse the decision maker on the amount?  I believe Ensworth is more expensive, so how is he affording the higher price? 

Was this all revenge by the Dad for the school not renewing his financial aide?  With all the reported school hoping and the radio show calling Scott Cooper Mr Text Message, this must have been the family with a scarlet letter.  Don’t you know some of those Lipscomb kids are pissed and telling college coaches to flee that family.

Anywho, championships await!

Is pastor and FCA VP Cooper the alleged parent or am I reading that wrong?????? 

13 hours ago, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

TSSAA loves the attendance at private school playoff games and they love the crowds they bring to the Blue Cross bowl. Its all about money.  Private schools should write their by laws and get out.  Make it like college.  Open recruitment a one time transfer after 1 you sit out.  Schools can pay tuition and provide housing whatever.  Whoever has the most $$$$$ wins.  

I love that you think the D2 crowds are somethign special.  It's perfect.

9 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Is pastor and FCA VP Cooper the alleged parent or am I reading that wrong?????? 

One in the same - living vicariously through his son.  He's left a mess at every school his son has been enrolled.  Ensworth better watch out.  Sorta sad that FCA is his employer. Peek at his SM, Jesus this and Christian that.  Karma is something else. 

14 hours ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

As the text messages go, David Lipscomb was not renewing his financial aide.  Isn’t a clearinghouse the decision maker on the amount?  I believe Ensworth is more expensive, so how is he affording the higher price? 

Yes, the clearing house determines the exact amount of financial aid that a family qualifies for.  However, the school may offer 100% of the amount that a student qualifies for, or they may offer much less than what the clearing house says that the student qualifies for.  It is my understanding that there are three different clearing houses, and some are more generous with the way they calculate the aid qualified for than the other ones.  Each individual school determines which clearing house or houses they wish to use.