Lipscomb Academy

BelmontRebel

1 hour ago, Whoweft said:

I have some ideas here. 

Solutions for Nashville Schools who now have to play competitive games to win State Championships: 

1. Build dorms. MBA has the nicest facilities I have ever seen for a high school. I am sure they could afford to build a dorm. Same for BA and Ensworth.  If the schools do not want to create a boarding program, that is fine.  You do not have to change your culture. However, the opportunities and resources are there for you. 

2. Build a program that attracts kids from area - keeping in mind that the Nashville MSA that is 5x bigger than Chattanooga MSA.  If the Nashville schools did not allow Trent Dilfer to come in and take away so many exceptional players from them, none of this would be coming up.  Everything was fine when BA, Ensworth, and MBA had all the blue chip prospects from Nashville area.  But now that Lipscomb and a few other Nashville schools are getting a share of the talent--Nashville schools are crying foul. 

3.  Win big games. Last year MBA beat McCallie twice and Baylor once. MBA just lost the big game. For all the belly aching about the talent in Chattanooga, a Nashville or Memphis school has been in the State Championship game every year since 2000. 

• There has never been a state championship game between Baylor and McCallie. 
  • On the other hand, there has been an All Nashville Schools championship game 8 times since 2000  (35%) [All Nashville championships: 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017].  
  • For reference, there has been ONE All Memphis championship game and ZERO All Chattanooga championship game. 

4.  Be competitive. It is a bit disingenuous that Nashville schools are making noise about this now after winning 61% of the state championships since 2000 (with Chattanooga schools winning 22% and Memphis schools winning 17%).

Nashville Schools (14 Gold Balls) 61%

• BA: (5x) 2006, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
  • MBA: (5x) 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2014
  • Ensworth: (4x) 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Chattanooga Schools (5 Gold Balls) 22%

• Baylor: (1x) 2022
  • McCallie: (4x) 2001, 2019, 2020, 2021

Memphis Schools (4 Gold Balls) 17%

• MUS: (4x) 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009

5.  Move Down.  If Nashville Schools want to orchestrate a situation where they can have an unfair advantage and dominate in the manner they have grown accustomed to for most of the last 23 years, they should consider moving down to a smaller division.  This would be no less disingenuous than trying to change the boarding school rule--and if you are looking to beat the crap out of disadvantaged teams, the trophy looks the same in DIIAA as it does in DIIAAA. 

Summary: Nashville schools should punish Lipscomb for taking their talent (looks like you have a good start on this one), build some dorms, win big games (not just in the regular season), move down (remember-trophy looks the same), and/or MAN UP and play football.  

All great thoughts. The biggest thing with dorms is space. None of these schools have the space to put this in place. They would also have to raise class sizes. More teachers. That’s even more money. Just not worth it to most. 

4 hours ago, FR615 said:

I highly doubt Curtis ends up at Baylor. They have a pretty good backup QB in Briggs Cherry that is already getting scholarship offers. Now he is nowhere as good as Curtis but I’m betting he stays in the Nashville area. 

no way both of those kids attend the same school. both have multiple offers and are the same class. 1/2 in state of tn from what I see 

56 minutes ago, Ballfan4562 said:

All great thoughts. The biggest thing with dorms is space. None of these schools have the space to put this in place. They would also have to raise class sizes. More teachers. That’s even more money. Just not worth it to most. 

I am no real estate developer or expert, but if money is not an issue-- there seems to be a lot of dorm opportunities.  I have taken the liberty of making some suggestions in the links below (free of charge). 

MBA Dorms    Note- the highly insensitive suggestion that the "Field Hockey" field be repurposed to house football dorms. 

Ensworth Dorms   Insane amount of land here. Sure, some of this may be some sort of national park preserve, but we are talking about football dorms. One has to prioritize. 

BA Dorms  Also, there is lots of surrounding space.  

Class sizes, more teachers, etc. --all of that just requires a little vision. These reasons are basically, "that's hard to do" arguments.  MBA has an indoor 200,000 sq. ft. athletic center that is rumored to have cost more than $150,000,000. They have a giant indoor digital display that greets you when you arrive that serves no purpose other than to shock visitors with MBA's ostentatious wealth. 

Funding and space are not the issues here. 

10 minutes ago, Whoweft said:

I am no real estate developer or expert, but if money is not an issue-- there seems to be a lot of dorm opportunities.  I have taken the liberty of making some suggestions in the links below (free of charge). 

MBA Dorms    Note- the highly insensitive suggestion that the "Field Hockey" field be repurposed to house football dorms. 

Ensworth Dorms   Insane amount of land here. Sure, some of this may be some sort of national park preserve, but we are talking about football dorms. One has to prioritize. 

Class sizes, more teachers, etc. --all of that just requires a little vision. These reasons are basically, "that's hard to do" arguments.  MBA has an indoor 200,000 sq. ft. athletic center that is rumored to have cost more than $150,000,000. They have a giant indoor digital display that greets you when you arrive that serves no purpose other than to shock visitors with MBA's ostentatious wealth. 

Ensworth sits in a flood plain. Has been 3/4 under water before. A bit of a codes problem for housing.

36 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Ensworth sits in a flood plain. Has been 3/4 under water before. A bit of a codes problem for housing.

I heard there was some chatter a few years ago about Ensworth adding dorms.  Perhaps it was the flood plain that killed the discussion.  If MBA can put a soccer field on top of a parking garage, a dorm would be a drop in the bucket ;) 

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

set'em straight MM76.....these new boot Ter's have no ID......wernt problem til chattanoooga rattled the rest of the states cage

chattanooga complete thrashin and dominence of South Nashville shall pass...they didnt whine when they owned the gold ball

Booger just sayin :twisted:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Whoweft said:

Not a chance Ensworth gets dorms, ever. The only caveat is if it’s to attract international students for academics. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Pontoons MM76! It’s weak thinking not to tell other people what to do with the substantial extra resources that you know exist just because you have a login to CoachT.

BT I just want to know the softball budget at CPA. They must lose 1000 balls a season behind the backstop. LOL.

Larry would have the whole baseball team going on a ball hunt if his field was like that.

You don't just build a dorm and presto you are a boarding school. Now you have full time security, full time food service, dorm "mothers" or "fathers" More employees to be hired to keep facilities open and operational past normal school hours (you know like libraries, study halls and student centers. And they all have to be overseen.  And we have not even gotten to the zoning changes that have to be approved for living quarters. You think the MBA neighborhood would be all smiles on that one?

Ya'll think you can just throw up a Quonset Hut and live like they are in basic training. 

• Upvote 1