Huntingdon vs Waverly 1st Round

horse

46 minutes ago, Waker said:

That was a really tough team. That Lake co was a really good team. 

Yes they was. That game was better than the championship game. That was also the biggest crowd I have seen at a high school game other than when I went to Alcoa and watched them play Maryville.

Edited by vandyfan1

The Mustangs have had so many great teams it hard to pick one as the best. I can remember so many outstanding teams we had before the play-offs began. We've never had any extended periods where we weren't good. My pick for the best one is the 1966 Mustangs, just completely dominated everyone. If you are a football fan Huntingdon is paradise!

43 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

The Mustangs have had so many great teams it hard to pick one as the best. I can remember so many outstanding teams we had before the play-offs began. We've never had any extended periods where we weren't good. My pick for the best one is the 1966 Mustangs, just completely dominated everyone. If you are a football fan Huntingdon is paradise!

Today’s team would mercy rule that 66 team. Today’s team are bigger,faster, and stronger. 

3 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think the best team I have personally seen from Huntingdon is the year Lake County beat them in the semifinals in Huntingdon. 2019 if I’m thinking correctly.

That's a good pick. I thought that team was winning state for sure. But I felt the same way about the 2017 and 2018 teams that lost to cornersville. Expectations have been tempered since then. A couple 2nd round exits have humbled us. Last year I felt like we had a good shot as well until Riverside came to town. 

This team is heavy with juniors so if we don't get it done this year, we return most of the team next year. After that we may see the real window close for a bit. I know the kids from middle school coming up have some talent, but you never truly know how that's going to translate to high school.

• Upvote 1