White House 6-4 at Hardin County 10-0

BDP2003

7 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I gotcha now. You can have competitive games without making it personal. Got a little rowdy at the end of the game last night though! 

That wasn't exactly "a little rowdy", it was pure bush-league. MC and Scotts Hill had a similar (in some ways and much different in others) ending Thursday night with a hard lick on our QB after taking a knee in the V formation...coach called for the hit from the sideline, and again on the next play, but the players refrained the second time. Sad when a bunch of kids have to show more maturity and class than their coach.

Hollingsworth would NEVER embarrass himself and his team that way, but about three knucklehead players almost started a brawl with some cheap shots at defenseless HC players in a dead ball situation. I left probably 3 minutes after they got them separated, had my food from Mickey D's, and was across the river before the extra point was kicked...probably should have suspended the rest of the game, which was only about 6 seconds. I really hope none of the HC kids were ejected for protecting their teammates, but three or four Lexington players should be done.

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

That wasn't exactly "a little rowdy", it was pure bush-league. MC and Scotts Hill had a similar (in some ways and much different in others) ending Thursday night with a hard lick on our QB after taking a knee in the V formation...coach called for the hit from the sideline, and again on the next play, but the players refrained the second time. Sad when a bunch of kids have to show more maturity and class than their coach.

Hollingsworth would NEVER embarrass himself and his team that way, but about three knucklehead players almost started a brawl with some cheap shots at defenseless HC players in a dead ball situation. I left probably 3 minutes after they got them separated, had my food from Mickey D's, and was across the river before the extra point was kicked...probably should have suspended the rest of the game, which was only about 6 seconds. I really hope none of the HC kids were ejected for protecting their teammates, but three or four Lexington players should be done.

I wish I knew you were there man. Would have enjoyed meeting you. I didn’t want to say a lot on here about it but yes it was cheap. I realize they got robbed on a bad call but that’s part of the game too. They ejected 3 from Lexington and a bunch come off the bench. Just watched it back a few minutes ago and did not see one HC player throw a punch or anything. I understand emotions can be high in big rivalry games but to hit the long snapper with his head basically between his legs could really be tragic. It was a hard shot to the back of his head. Then one grabbed our kicker and slung him to the ground. I have a lot of respect for Lexington coach and think he’s a great one and he I’m sure was not happy with it at all. 

1 minute ago, Tigersandcats said:

I wish I knew you were there man. Would have enjoyed meeting you. I didn’t want to say a lot on here about it but yes it was cheap. I realize they got robbed on a bad call but that’s part of the game too. They ejected 3 from Lexington and a bunch come off the bench. Just watched it back a few minutes ago and did not see one HC player throw a punch or anything. I understand emotions can be high in big rivalry games but to hit the long snapper with his head basically between his legs could really be tragic. It was a hard shot to the back of his head. Then one grabbed our kicker and slung him to the ground. I have a lot of respect for Lexington coach and think he’s a great one and he I’m sure was not happy with it at all. 

Made a decision between Riverside/Milan and your game...I got that one right!!! I haven't spoken with Hollingsworth, but I can guarantee you that those kids will either quit, or feel his wrath until their head and bones ache. I understand the bitterness of losing after playing that hard and feeling that you had done enough to win, but that ending was a clown show that should embarrass them long after regretting the loss would fade away. 

Had I known for sure which game I was showing up to, I'd have contacted you...as it was I was walking across the lot as HC scored to tie it at 7. Thinking I'm going to see my 'ol buddy Stroup next week, but If your Tigers take care of business we might just meet up in week 2.

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Made a decision between Riverside/Milan and your game...I got that one right!!! I haven't spoken with Hollingsworth, but I can guarantee you that those kids will either quit, or feel his wrath until their head and bones ache. I understand the bitterness of losing after playing that hard and feeling that you had done enough to win, but that ending was a clown show that should embarrass them long after regretting the loss would fade away. 

Had I known for sure which game I was showing up to, I'd have contacted you...as it was I was walking across the lot as HC scored to tie it at 7. Thinking I'm going to see my 'ol buddy Stroup next week, but If your Tigers take care of business we might just meet up in week 2.

Sounds good.

On 10/27/2023 at 11:35 PM, BDP2003 said:

Do the Devils have a chance? I think they can control tempo and control the clock offensively. I know nothing about Hardin County except they’re 10-0. I do know they rallied to beat Lexington tonight. Any info on Hardin is appreciated. I’m not looking forward to the 3 hour drive! However, WH is blessed to still be playing. They’ve played a tough schedule so hopefully it’ll pay off! 

I'm excited for this matchup. Hardin comes into round 1 with their first undefeated season in school history but it seems like they lost some steam late in the season. I think WH's schedule has been a bit more tough than HC's so they might have a chance based on that alone. I think it'll be a dog fight and I am interested to see who comes out on top of this one. 

On 10/28/2023 at 10:59 PM, Tigersandcats said:

I was listening to their radio broadcast there on the last drive and they threw a fit over what they said was an INT that could have ended the game, is that what you are referring to?

7 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I know you really keep up with high school football 38, what your opinion of WH? Strengths, weaknesses etc?

We have not played them the last few years since moving up, but being honest anytime they step up in competition they appear to struggle. This is not a knock on them at all, just an observation. Truth is, since WH-Heritage came about, a lot of players were drawn to that school depending on how the lines were made that split the schools up. 

Outside of that I cannot give you any specific strengths/weaknesses because I have not seen them play this year, my initual thought is, you guys should probably handle them fairly easily, but it is the playoffs and anything can happen...

Edited by Kevin38
  • Thanks 1