Milan @ Lewis Co.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Tell me about Lewis Co. what can we expect to see offensively?  Do they run a 40 on defense??  Don’t know anything about you guys this year. 

Traditionally speaking, catching them in the playoffs means it doesn’t really matter about the offensive and defensive philosophies. However, they are the team you really want to catch in the second round. Not that catching Hohenwald in the first is necessarily bad, either.

Now, that’s speaking of tradition. If last year’s development maintains, all bets are off.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:43 AM, tradertwo said:

Best I've seen. Walking through that "tunnel" with the pictures & awards and looking up at their sign listing their coaches and history takes it to another level there.

Great atmosphere I agree. Really liked the pictures of the school's legends in the tunnel. They even had a picture of a beta male looking fellow in the urinals a few years ago. Always assumed it was the pizz guy. 

17 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Traditionally speaking, catching them in the playoffs means it doesn’t really matter about the offensive and defensive philosophies. However, they are the team you really want to catch in the second round. Not that catching Hohenwald in the first is necessarily bad, either.

Now, that’s speaking of tradition. If last year’s development maintains, all bets are off.

This is not your "traditional" Lewis Co team anymore. After Coach Sharp left, the Wing-T Offense has been put out to pasture. I think in the past, Lewis Co. would often overpower teams in the regular season with the Wing-T, but would often struggle in the playoffs when they ran into a team that could match their athleticism and physicality up front. Now the offense is much more "modern" and is well-balanced. They alternate between a spread offense with 4 WRs and a pro-style set where they utilize a TE and/or a FB. 

All that said, Region 5 looks tough this year, so it will be a tough task for them to make a deep playoff run. But the run game and passing game are both good enough to give them a chance. 

6 minutes ago, PierreDelecto said:

This is not your "traditional" Lewis Co team anymore. After Coach Sharp left, the Wing-T Offense has been put out to pasture. I think in the past, Lewis Co. would often overpower teams in the regular season with the Wing-T, but would often struggle in the playoffs when they ran into a team that could match their athleticism and physicality up front. Now the offense is much more "modern" and is well-balanced. They alternate between a spread offense with 4 WRs and a pro-style set where they utilize a TE and/or a FB. 

All that said, Region 5 looks tough this year, so it will be a tough task for them to make a deep playoff run. But the run game and passing game are both good enough to give them a chance. 

Good first post. Welcome to the board, Mitt.