Greenback travels to CLoudland???????

GFD709SHREK

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Wonder what it would be called I think Carter county,or Carter county central would sound good.  Probably build it on city county line of betsy. Big question is what mascot would they go with, or would they take a new name, I think black bears or bucks would sound good considering it'd be a mostly rural mountainous school.

East Carter County. Either the Roadrunner's purple and green or the cyclops. Bet Elizabethton would love that.

19 hours ago, crazzyness said:

Except a consolidated Carter County School would be firmly in 5A in football, and not have to horses to compete most seasons. In everything else, they'd be in 4A, the largest classification, in all other sports. And that's not even taking into consideration the fact  that most the good athletes would just go to Elizabethton instead. 

Consolidation,may well be on its way,but i don't see carter county high being a 5A school,maybe a 4A or 3A,cloudland barely has enough kids to keep the doors open and most of them would head over to Avery,most of Unaka would more than likely to head to E town,it's just according to where they would build the school.im sure they will continue to close the elementarys before thinking of the high school.i for one would love to see consolidation,if they do it correctly,and don't take the cheap route

33 minutes ago, IMDog said:

Consolidation,may well be on its way,but i don't see carter county high being a 5A school,maybe a 4A or 3A,cloudland barely has enough kids to keep the doors open and most of them would head over to Avery,most of Unaka would more than likely to head to E town,it's just according to where they would build the school.im sure they will continue to close the elementarys before thinking of the high school.i for one would love to see consolidation,if they do it correctly,and don't take the cheap route

Consolidation of Hampton/Cloudland  prob top 2A/Small 3A. Several Cland would go across the line. Carter South?? Consolidate Happy Valley/Unaka. Same Top 2A/Small 3A. More Unaka people prob end up in Elizabethton to join the ones that go now. Carter North?? Just a thought. 

16 minutes ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

Consolidation of Hampton/Cloudland  prob top 2A/Small 3A. Several Cland would go across the line. Carter South?? Consolidate Happy Valley/Unaka. Same Top 2A/Small 3A. More Unaka people prob end up in Elizabethton to join the ones that go now. Carter North?? Just a thought. 

Don't feel like happy valley will ever consolidate because they would pitch a fit. Hampton and Cloudland would make a big 3A but no body wants to play in 3A.

1 hour ago, Tackleberry said:

Don't feel like happy valley will ever consolidate because they would pitch a fit. Hampton and Cloudland would make a big 3A but no body wants to play in 3A.

No they would still be 2a.  They would get 90 kids tops. I bet they wouldn't even need to build a new school.  

9 hours ago, THE KING said:

Some sad news from lander nation. Big 74 Keith Buchanan has passed away.  He was part of the 2001 mark byrd led silver ball team.  He led a ferocious d-line with only one good leg. @pujo I don't know if you've heard yet.  I bet south Pitt fans remember him as well

Thats very sad to hear, I'm betting lots of teams remember him, absolute terror. Praying for the Family.

10 hours ago, THE KING said:

Some sad news from lander nation. Big 74 Keith Buchanan has passed away.  He was part of the 2001 mark byrd led silver ball team.  He led a ferocious d-line with only one good leg. @pujo I don't know if you've heard yet.  I bet south Pitt fans remember him as well

Sad to hear King!Prayers for all.