Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

On 12/26/2023 at 11:39 PM, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I got to see it in person. Really nice job by James  

He is a class act and his team would run through brick walls for him. Miller was awarded All-Tournament team and as being the smallest school there, they made a mark. Bailey broke a record on rebounding, Miller broke a record on free throws and is the double-double queen in NE TN. Buchanan knows how to use each one of those girls attributes to grow them and win. 

19 minutes ago, isaidwhatisaid said:

He is a class act and his team would run through brick walls for him. Miller was awarded All-Tournament team and as being the smallest school there, they made a mark. Bailey broke a record on rebounding, Miller broke a record on free throws and is the double-double queen in NE TN. Buchanan knows how to use each one of those girls attributes to grow them and win. 

I've been watching NG girls on grassroots and they are scary. They all play under control and are unfazed by dire situations.  Ella and mercy have little varsity experience but you can't tell.  That team is committed to their style and James puts them in the best game situations.  Miller and Bailey are better than last year especially Miller being able to shoot from outside.  They methodically took west greene apart last night.  We play them up here Friday night and I believe it will be our first real test since we played volunteer.  Yes, I think the huskies are a little better than Hampton.  We need that Mitchell game tomorrow night.  They are fast up top and have their own version of Miller.  We need to be ready or that winning streak will be in jeopardy 

41 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I've been watching NG girls on grassroots and they are scary. They all play under control and are unfazed by dire situations.  Ella and mercy have little varsity experience but you can't tell.  That team is committed to their style and James puts them in the best game situations.  Miller and Bailey are better than last year especially Miller being able to shoot from outside.  They methodically took west greene apart last night.  We play them up here Friday night and I believe it will be our first real test since we played volunteer.  Yes, I think the huskies are a little better than Hampton.  We need that Mitchell game tomorrow night.  They are fast up top and have their own version of Miller.  We need to be ready or that winning streak will be in jeopardy 

Friday night should definitely be a great game of basketball. I’m excited to see the competition between the 2 teams. Where will the game be streamed? 

1 hour ago, isaidwhatisaid said:

Friday night should definitely be a great game of basketball. I’m excited to see the competition between the 2 teams. Where will the game be streamed? 

I don't know.  I can find out.  I wish grassroots would do it because it's a big district game.

Cland 70 Mitchell 23.  We came out red hot. My girl and the other guards hit 6 three's in the first half.  Defense was outstanding.  Mitchell had a winning record coming in and had put up 70 + in a couple of their games.  This 2-2-1 press has worked well for us this year. 

Pretty interesting rankings for girls basketball. If it all plays out, east tn will be well rep'd in the Boro. MC will be fun to watch again if they get there. BC should be a lock. GP, Bearden, Cloudland, and NG. Probably missed someone...... it would be fantastic for ETn to come home with some trophies

48 minutes ago, NotCrucial said:

Pretty interesting rankings for girls basketball. If it all plays out, east tn will be well rep'd in the Boro. MC will be fun to watch again if they get there. BC should be a lock. GP, Bearden, Cloudland, and NG. Probably missed someone...... it would be fantastic for ETn to come home with some trophies

Sevier County  was definitely left off that list.   A couple of those will be favorites but there isn’t a lot of separation in most divisions between top 5.  Bradley Central is probably the exception but they are matched up with the middle TN regions.  

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Sevier County  was definitely left off that list.   A couple of those will be favorites but there isn’t a lot of separation in most divisions between top 5.  Bradley Central is probably the exception but they are matched up with the middle TN regions.  

Yep, my apologies, it definitely would not break my heart for SC to come home with some hardware. That's such a competitive class. Should be some fantastic games

6 hours ago, NotCrucial said:

All excellent exams and I would add Knoxville Catholic to the mix for a trophy!

6 hours ago, NotCrucial said:

It's starting to play out like I thought it would eventhough I'm surprised at the progression of NG.  I originally thought Cosby to be our biggest hurdle but now I fully expect to play NG 4 times and both of us winning our sectional games.  Our seniors want all the trophies 

51 minutes ago, THE KING said:

It's starting to play out like I thought it would eventhough I'm surprised at the progression of NG.  I originally thought Cosby to be our biggest hurdle but now I fully expect to play NG 4 times and both of us winning our sectional games.  Our seniors want all the trophies 

I hope all these girls stay healthy. Last year was a rough year for a lot of kids . Seemed like every team had someone on crutches by February