Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

On 2/11/2024 at 9:57 PM, THE KING said:

I went 100-22 in the big ones contest for a 5th place finish. Not too bad

You mercy ruled your opponents three times. You won 100-22 which is 78 points. A mercy rule win is 25 so 25 times 3 is 75. The difference in your points was 78. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

So, last night was a night of pleasant surprises...

We played Greeneville in the season finale last night.  The injured Hannah Frye started the game for us.  I was sitting there kind of perplexed wondering what was going on.  Greeneville wins the opening tip and goes down and scores uncontested.  We hand the ball back to the Greeneville player on the inbounds who scores again.  4-0 Greeneville.  We inbound the ball to Hannah who walks down and scores.  Greeneville hands the ball to her again and she scores again. 4-4.  Game is stopped for recognition as Hannah reached 1,000 for her career.

I had no clue when she suffered the season ending injury against Wise Central, she was that close to 1K.

Classy move by Greeneville and the game officials for allowing this to happen last night.

As for the game itself, we won 66-61.

As the boys game is set to begin, Caroline Hill and Hannah brought me and my wife a Thank you Card and a $25 gift card signed by our eight seniors just for being supporters and for not missing a game over their tenure.  I don't have a daughter on the team.  We're just fans.  It brought tears to our eyes that they thought of us like that.  What an amazing group of young ladies.  Hoping Saturday is the beginning of a long and successful post season run for these girls.

Not going to lie, getting to the glass house will be a tall task with Bearden and Farragut in that same sectional.  And even Sevier County being in the same region.  But these girls proved a lot of folks wrong that they wouldn't win the conference after Hannah's injury.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

We played Greeneville in the season finale last night.  The injured Hannah Frye started the game for us.  I was sitting there kind of perplexed wondering what was going on.  Greeneville wins the opening tip and goes down and scores uncontested.  We hand the ball back to the Greeneville player on the inbounds who scores again.  4-0 Greeneville.  We inbound the ball to Hannah who walks down and scores.  Greeneville hands the ball to her again and she scores again. 4-4.  Game is stopped for recognition as Hannah reached 1,000 for her career.

I had no clue when she suffered the season ending injury against Wise Central, she was that close to 1K.

Classy move by Greeneville and the game officials for allowing this to happen last night.

As the boys game is set to begin, Caroline Hill and Hannah brought me and my wife a Thank you Card and a $25 gift card signed by our eight seniors just for being supporters and for not missing a game over their tenure.  I don't have a daughter on the team.  We're just fans.  It brought tears to our eyes that they thought of us like that.  What an amazing group of young ladies.  Hoping Saturday is the beginning of a long and successful post season run for these girls.

Not going to lie, getting to the glass house will be a tall task with Bearden and Farragut in that same sectional.  And even Sevier County being in the same region.  But these girls proved a lot of folks wrong that they wouldn't win the conference after Hannah's injury.  

That's a really wonderful story. What a great group of young ladies. 

I think moving forward NG has to be the favorite to win these next 2 tournaments.  They just trounced a decent Sullivan east team and are playing their best ball at the right time.  I think their transfer will be eligible in the region tournaments and she will help them.  We are still finding our footing after losing arguably the best sophomore in the state to a torn acl.  We are still in much better shape than last year because of the quality of subs on the bench.  My daughters are gonna have to fill that void and Clawson will get her chance to boost us in the post.  Our offensive output hasn't changed but the defense is not as tight as it was with Blair in the lineup.  I think people will get their money's worth when these 2 play again.  Cloudland role players will have to step up if we want to host a substate game 

15 hours ago, THE KING said:

I think moving forward NG has to be the favorite to win these next 2 tournaments.  They just trounced a decent Sullivan east team and are playing their best ball at the right time.  I think their transfer will be eligible in the region tournaments and she will help them.  We are still finding our footing after losing arguably the best sophomore in the state to a torn acl.  We are still in much better shape than last year because of the quality of subs on the bench.  My daughters are gonna have to fill that void and Clawson will get her chance to boost us in the post.  Our offensive output hasn't changed but the defense is not as tight as it was with Blair in the lineup.  I think people will get their money's worth when these 2 play again.  Cloudland role players will have to step up if we want to host a substate game 

Dang, I hate to hear that. Prayers she heals quickly and safely…know anything on Washburn? I’ve seen Cosby play but haven’t gotten to see Washburn.

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Dang, I hate to hear that. Prayers she heals quickly and safely…know anything on Washburn? I’ve seen Cosby play but haven’t gotten to see Washburn.

I think both our teams are 20+ points better than either Cosby or Washburn.  If Cosby hadn't lost their best player, they would be the 1 seed.  Washburn struggled with unaka and I'm not so sure they couldn't pull an upset in the region.  Unaka has improved and if they had a true post, they would take us both to the wire.  I do think it's important to win the district to avoid Washburn.  They would be a harder semifinal match than Cosby imo

On 2/13/2024 at 9:00 AM, TribalEmpire said:

I enjoyed your post.

On 2/13/2024 at 7:46 PM, THE KING said:

Hate to hear losing your star player. Prayers to her and family for healing. Hard to lose any players in HS much less your best. Good luck to you guys. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Hate to hear losing your star player. Prayers to her and family for healing. Hard to lose any players in HS much less your best. Good luck to you guys. 

Thank you pioneer.  The sad thing is she broke her foot playing softball last April and missed summer camps.  She's gonna miss it again.  She's part of a talented sophomore class.