Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

45 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I just seen the pairings.  Total bs.  You've got us, Pickett, and Wayne County on one side of the bracket.  NG has a better chance to make the championship game than we do.  We would potentially have a first round square off with Emmy Lowe,  Callie Reeder,  and Zoe Nicholas arguably the best trio of players in 1a.  If we win that one,  we get another date against miss basketball Blair baugus.  

The random blind draw strikes again.  They should seed the teams 1 through 8 based on strength of schedule and record. 

1 hour ago, NotCrucial said:

It's hard to imagine greeneville and Eliz being in the conversation. They had unusual seasons but yet here we are. It's a good time of year to play your best ball. Maybe Crockett learns from that for next year.

I saw Elizabethton a few times at the beginning of the season, and they couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie. The way they turned the corner in mid January has been impressive. I've never really ever liked Lucas, but the guy sure can coach, thats apparent. 

15 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

The random blind draw strikes again.  They should seed the teams 1 through 8 based on strength of schedule and record. 

Meh, seeding in high school sports has and always will be quite arbitrary. TBH, if they were using SOS as a yardstick, Cloudland would be a low seed anyway. 

I look at it this way, if Cloudland wants to win it all, they're gonna have to beat Pickett and Wayne County at some point along the way to do it.

5 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

I saw Elizabethton a few times at the beginning of the season, and they couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie. The way they turned the corner in mid January has been impressive. I've never really ever liked Lucas, but the guy sure can coach, thats apparent. 

Probably his best coaching job yet. He was definitely not in the top tier as far as talent but he out coached his way to this point. I see Greeneville and Betsy losing tonight but you never know.

7 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

Meh, seeding in high school sports has and always will be quite arbitrary. TBH, if they were using SOS as a yardstick, Cloudland would be a low seed anyway. 

I look at it this way, if Cloudland wants to win it all, they're gonna have to beat Pickett and Wayne County at some point along the way to do it.

All that is true. I just hate it when the real title game is in the quarter finals at Murfreesboro. There is no perfect system for it I agree 

57 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

Yeah,  we would definitely earn it if we win it this year.  Its going to be tough for pickett and wayne just like us.  Wayne is probably going to get a tough south fulton team,  then will play either us or pickett the next round.  Same for pickett if they have to play us and then wayne if they win.  

What a great coaching job by Greeneville Coach Annette Watts.  Lost 4 starters from last year and 96% of the Greeneville offense - and returns to the State Tournament.  Not many people outside of the team and coaches saw this happening.  She schedule a tough schedule every year and it obviously pays off. 

Still trying to unwind from a long day of going to Murfreesboro to watch my friend Courtney Whitson on senior day at MTSU and then hustling back to Farragut for the Lady Indians game!

SO.... how much of a chance do the Lady Indians have against Coffee County?

I think back a couple years ago and the boys title run began in the quarterfinals against.... Coffee County.

I haven't looked at the bracket yet... hoping we are not on the same side as Bradley Central.  I am just so happy for these ladies.  They could have packed it in and folded after Hannah's injury, but instead have gotten stronger.

4 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Still trying to unwind from a long day of going to Murfreesboro to watch my friend Courtney Whitson on senior day at MTSU and then hustling back to Farragut for the Lady Indians game!

SO.... how much of a chance do the Lady Indians have against Coffee County?

I think back a couple years ago and the boys title run began in the quarterfinals against.... Coffee County.

I haven't looked at the bracket yet... hoping we are not on the same side as Bradley Central.  I am just so happy for these ladies.  They could have packed it in and folded after Hannah's injury, but instead have gotten stronger.

Congratulations tribe.  Maybe we can meet up this week.  I'm planning on staying 2 days even if we lose