Who are the top teams in East Tennessee?

Jhooper24

26 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

First off nobody has said DB has the greatest coaching staff in the state, I consider them up there among the best though. Very hard to say who is actually the best. Simply stating that next year and the year after should be much better is just common sense. Nobody is giving up on this year. I, and others have been saying that DB traditionally, gets better after the Christmas tournaments. That has been true in the past with Poore as head coach. You're grasping. 

Maybe it’s because this area is so weak???

2 hours ago, Rebelyell10 said:

Maybe it’s because this area is so weak???

You're like a broken record. Yeah, this area is somewhat "weak" this year. It happens everywhere from time to time. You act like it's always weak. Science Hill has multiple state championships, DB won it all in 2022, Greeneville is always good, Morristown East had one of the top teams in the state a couple years ago, Hampton won it all last year. I'm sure I'm leaving some out. You act like it's the end of the world for upper east tn. 

3 hours ago, Rebelyell10 said:

From where I came from….it’s weak!!!  Get out of your little bubble and you’d see!  DB had ZERO OFFENSE last night and Greenville only had the 1 kid and neither can shoot free throws and if I read it correctly, score was 23-22 at the half

You sound like one of those "Back in my Day" kind of guys.  Where do you come from NY?  You had Hampton win their class last year, Db and Greeneville win the two largest public school divisions 2 years ago, Greeneville winning it 3 years ago and arguable could have won it the year prior since they made it to state and Covid canceled the state tournament.  We have been talking about recent history.  You also had that Greeneville team 2 years ago beat Dr. Phillips who was a top 30 ranked team at the end of the year Top 15 when they beat them with names like Ernest Udeh Jr (Kansas and Now TCU), Denzel Aberdeen (Florida), Riley Kugel (Florida) all Seniors on that team.  It's cyclical around here and not some basketball hot spot like Memphis with larger population and different demographics but if your new to the area you wouldn't know that 

Edited by Swipes

12 hours ago, Swipes said:

You sound like one of those "Back in my Day" kind of guys.  Where do you come from NY?  You had Hampton win their class last year, Db and Greeneville win the two largest public school divisions 2 years ago, Greeneville winning it 3 years ago and arguable could have won it the year prior since they made it to state and Covid canceled the state tournament.  We have been talking about recent history.  You also had that Greeneville team 2 years ago beat Dr. Phillips who was a top 30 ranked team at the end of the year Top 15 when they beat them with names like Ernest Udeh Jr (Kansas and Now TCU), Denzel Aberdeen (Florida), Riley Kugel (Florida) all Seniors on that team.  It's cyclical around here and not some basketball hot spot like Memphis with larger population and different demographics but if your new to the area you wouldn't know that 

South could have won also if it wasn't for covid, if I am remembering correctly. 

15 hours ago, Swipes said:

Obviously rebelyell doesn't know anything about basketball in upper east tn., or basketball in general. 

17 hours ago, Rebelyell10 said:

From where I came from….it’s weak!!!  Get out of your little bubble and you’d see!  DB had ZERO OFFENSE last night and Greenville only had the 1 kid and neither can shoot free throws and if I read it correctly, score was 23-22 at the half

Go back to where you came from, and we'll all be happy. 

On 10/31/2023 at 12:32 PM, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

4A- Sevier County, Oak Ridge, Walker Valley, Bradley Central

3A- Fulton and Greeneville

2A- Alcoa,  Austin-East, and Gatlinburg-Pittman

1A- ?

Thoughts?

Greeneville ain’t gonna be competing for no title lol. I don’t know what Greeneville Team you’ve seen play, but it ain’t the same one I have seen. Barely beat a down science hill.

1 hour ago, baldeagle22 said:

Greeneville ain’t gonna be competing for no title lol. I don’t know what Greeneville Team you’ve seen play, but it ain’t the same one I have seen. Barely beat a down science hill.

Did Greeneville have any players out still playing football ?  I think they usually do.