Who are the top teams in East Tennessee?

Jhooper24

21 hours ago, baldeagle22 said:

Greeneville ain’t gonna be competing for no title lol. I don’t know what Greeneville Team you’ve seen play, but it ain’t the same one I have seen. Barely beat a down science hill.

Had not seen them on 10-31 when posted. Still haven’t. I do know they have a top notch program with a D1 caliber player. Who else besides Fulton in 3A can make a run to the glass house?

21 hours ago, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

Had not seen them on 10-31 when posted. Still haven’t. I do know they have a top notch program with a D1 caliber player. Who else besides Fulton in 3A can make a run to the glass house?

They beat the defending 2a state champs and Penn State commit Carter in Alcoa last night 77-71.  Looks like the Football guys might be getting their basketball legs with Goad (Football Starter) putting in 24 to complement Thompson's 31.  JD Woolsey ran the point and did a good job running the O.  Greeneville is still missing Kameron Lester who started post last year with an injury from football.  They played a really good game last night against a really good Alcoa team.

2 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Anyone seen West play?

D-B has them tonight at Meadowview.  I'm honestly not looking forward to tonight and tomorrow's games from a viewing perspective from those I've talked to who's been to the NAIA college games in that ballroom setup at Meadowview.

Guess I shouldn't knock it till I experience it for myself though.

West is solid. Very athletic. Play fast. Will run every chance they get.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Anyone seen West play?

D-B has them tonight at Meadowview.  I'm honestly not looking forward to tonight and tomorrow's games from a viewing perspective from those I've talked to who's been to the NAIA college games in that ballroom setup at Meadowview.

Guess I shouldn't knock it till I experience it for myself though.

Interesting venue to say the least after the initial reaction of how it is different wears off it isnt a good place to watch basketballwhen I went last though great concessions set up. So just eat plenty and make yourselfhappy 

5 minutes ago, OneEyedKing said:

Interesting venue to say the least after the initial reaction of how it is different wears off it isnt a good place to watch basketballwhen I went last though great concessions set up. So just eat plenty and make yourselfhappy 

Is it a larger venue? With them being out of their own gym, maybe that's the reason.  I remember Crockett and Boone used to play in the mini dome.  It wasn't a good place to watch a game, but it was what they did and I heard they had large crowds.  Heard the game now has less attendance.  

24 minutes ago, TennesseeBuffalo said:

Is it a larger venue? With them being out of their own gym, maybe that's the reason.  I remember Crockett and Boone used to play in the mini dome.  It wasn't a good place to watch a game, but it was what they did and I heard they had large crowds.  Heard the game now has less attendance.  

https://tricitiessports.com/union-men-bryan-women-top-seeds-at-aac-tournament-starting-thursday-at-mea-p91093-239.htm

here is a picture of it. Very flat. get there early. But parking and concessions like I said are great