Round 1 predictions. 1A

stangsby3

17 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

Middle College & Lake County. LC is strictly one dimensional but they do it well.  Middle has some size up front mixed with being tired of playing second fiddle to MASE, so??? IF that 16-0 MASE score was legit (MASE/Middle College), I still have Lake, but interested in this.

From what we've seen out of Eagleville the last 2 years at Dresden, I just can't see them being a threat to anyone. West Carrol seems to get hold & cold, just my observation, but their best team could punish Eagleville & win this by a lot. 

I agree.LC needs more help from their QB running and from Chamberlain.Defense is always a worry .If Middle has lots of talent on offense,could be a long night.If they are more like some of the lesser teams LC has played,maybe be ok.Ive seen some scores.Think I remember a few 50 and 60 points games from Middle.Could be a shootout.Think Wild Bill said Mase fumbled 6 times.And can't rember.Did Brown play?

23 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Watching the GB vs CF game you could really see the disparity in coaching. The teams are similar in talent. Baseball guys everywhere, athletes everywhere. But one team gets every ounce out of their players. 

I know,it's really sad.When this group were Freshmen we felt really good about another semi final team and now we were fighting for a playoff spot.Ryan would have gave CF all they wanted but here we are!

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

I agree.LC needs more help from their QB running and from Chamberlain.Defense is always a worry .If Middle has lots of talent on offense,could be a long night.If they are more like some of the lesser teams LC has played,maybe be ok.Ive seen some scores.Think I remember a few 50 and 60 points games from Middle.Could be a shootout.Think Wild Bill said Mase fumbled 6 times.And can't rember.Did Brown play?

No Brown was held out for playoffs from what I was told!

On 10/31/2023 at 9:16 AM, Booger said:

Cloudland

Oliver S

Rockwood

Coalfield

South P

Clay C

Whitwell

Gordonsville

thats Booger Pickens :mrgreen:

Booger, I would say, me not knowing about any team in the east, our picks aren't far off. I think looking at Cloudland, I believe they lost some questionable games (other teams record wise) that made me choose Greenback. Same goes for Clay Co. If that's the only 2 I get wrong, I'm ok with that.

16 hours ago, GFD709SHREK said:

I think all of region 2 teams except greenback wins except Greenback due to coaching. I no we have the horse running back playing again. But we can not stop the pass and I dont thinl he will be enough offense to pull it out. 

Since when did you have to stop the pass with Cloudland?  Aren’t they 3 yards and a cloud of dust?

Good luck to all the teams in our region.Think Dresden and Union City wins.Lake Co and Middle maybe a toss up and South Fulton losing cause of team they playing and don't think defense can stop Brown.Id say the same thing if LC was playing Mase.But think next year,SF going to be at top or near top of region.Think they will finish anywhere from first to 3rd and LC fighting Gleason,Others for 4th

45 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Since when did you have to stop the pass with Cloudland?  Aren’t they 3 yards and a cloud of dust?

That's the only reason I'm picking GB.We have more athletes!If it comes down to coaching then we are in trouble!We can throw it pretty good and with Workman back we have 2 really good backs that can get yards without alot of help up front.But I've been wrong before!

8 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

That's the only reason I'm picking GB.We have more athletes!If it comes down to coaching then we are in trouble!We can throw it pretty good and with Workman back we have 2 really good backs that can get yards without alot of help up front.But I've been wrong before!

Yeah, just get to the edge and we're in trouble.  We got 4 players that are killers.  If you avoid them, you'll win