2A Mr Football semifinalists

sportsnutz

Cole I'd agrue is the most all around football player up for this award. In his career as a Yellow Jacket, he played virtually every position on the offense except Center. Whatever the coaches asked of him, he did. His work ethic is likely unmatched by any of the others and I'd say he meant more to his team than the others on this list as well. Sadly, he was injured early in the 2nd Qrt of W11 and was not able to finish his career in the fashion that he and the entire Trousdale County Community wanted to see. Ask any of the opposing team;'s who they had to plan for and it will be unanimous, Cole Gregory! 

42 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Gray Eubanks - Huntingdon

20/41 Passing - 303 yards - 4 TD's

141 carries - 838 yards - 18 TD's

1,141 Total yards - 22 TD's.

Leads the team in TD's, but as part of a 3-headed rushing attack hence the lack of overall yardage. But he's our go-to player in short yardage positions.

Where can you find the stats?

1 hour ago, sportsnutz said:

Just going off the stats, Stone has to be the favorite to win it this year. If not for being injured, I would've thought Des would get a nomination this year. As good as Wallace is, I think its 25 that makes this offense go.

Your right  Thomas does play a big part especially healthy just look at last year’s run. And when he’s clicking makes it harder for defenses when u got Wallace to account for along w a couple other guys

Edited by Bigpun54

2 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but this award typically goes to players with the offensive stats to show for it, which happens to be Gray for this team. 

But I've said for 2 years to anyone who will listen that CJ is the most underrated player on this team. But he's definitely a bigger force on defense than he is on offense. Defensively he leads the team in tackles, with over 100 credited to him this year. And he's around the ball on EVERY play even if he's not necessarily the one who made the tackle. Pelinero may actually be the unspoken MVP of this team. Gonna be the hardest to replace next year, imo.

He is around the ball on EVERY PLAY!!

20 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

I pulled the ones I posted off of Preps Maximus. Can't guarantee the accuracy, but by quick glance they seem pretty close.

Looks like there could have been 3 nominated from Huntingdon according to unapproved website stats 12 and 21 lead the team in yards. 

2 hours ago, horse said:

Looks like there could have been 3 nominated from Huntingdon according to unapproved website stats 12 and 21 lead the team in yards. 

For sure. Most of the players nominated (looking at 1A specifically) the top stats guys are part of a 1-man-show offense. Granted, there's some something to be said for being the one everyone knows is going to get the ball every play and still being able to execute, but Huntingdon spreads carries around pretty even to Eubanks, Hutcherson, and Warbritton. If you rolled their stats into one player carrying this team, you'd have a no-doubter Mr Football. 

6 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

For sure. Most of the players nominated (looking at 1A specifically) the top stats guys are part of a 1-man-show offense. Granted, there's some something to be said for being the one everyone knows is going to get the ball every play and still being able to execute, but Huntingdon spreads carries around pretty even to Eubanks, Hutcherson, and Warbritton. If you rolled their stats into one player carrying this team, you'd have a no-doubter Mr Football. 

You make a point especially when you’re talking about non QBs, but Huntingdons offense kinda makes it tough to really rack up the stats when you have multiple running the football.

7 minutes ago, Riverside80 said:

You make a point especially when you’re talking about non QBs, but Huntingdons offense kinda makes it tough to really rack up the stats when you have multiple running the football.

I was kinda surprised with a Huntingdon player making it. Since nobody really had any stand out stats.