Clinton at OR Round 2

CU06

2 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I think West beats Powell. If OR can outscore WV then they will face West in the Semis. That will be the 1st defense OR would potentially face that could "contain" 22 and force the offense to throw. They have never needed to throw so far, they chose to.

If OR gets to round 4, for some reason, I think we play Powell. Powell should've won the first game they had with West and I predict they will win the quarter final match up with West. 

8 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

If OR gets to round 4, for some reason, I think we play Powell. Powell should've won the first game they had with West and I predict they will win the quarter final match up with West. 

It’s seriously difficult to beat a really good team twice in the same year, and Powell is really good. I’m picking Powell in the rematch as well. But with that said, if we both (OR & Powell) make it to the semifinals, that means we would have to beat them twice, which would be a h$&@ of a chore in itself. 

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

It’s seriously difficult to beat a really good team twice in the same year, and Powell is really good. I’m picking Powell in the rematch as well. But with that said, if we both (OR & Powell) make it to the semifinals, that means we would have to beat them twice, which would be a h$&@ of a chore in itself. 

Semis will be West & OR for the east

Henry Co and Page for the West

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Semis will be West & OR for the east

Henry Co and Page for the West

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...the Clinton game scares me to death! Losing to them would be catastrophic! Have we ever played them twice in a season and have we ever played them in the playoffs?

5 hours ago, catswild said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...the Clinton game scares me to death! Losing to them would be catastrophic! Have we ever played them twice in a season and have we ever played them in the playoffs?

They played twice in 1943 with Clinton winning both games 20-0 and 13-0.

They have never played each other in the playoffs.

18 hours ago, SweetScience said:

You have more confidence in the Wildcats than I, but I like your picks for the 4th round.

They just have an easy path and are loaded at the skill positions. I will say that WV v OR could be a shootout and the team with the ball last could win.

WV will be confident coming to OR due to their last win over a team with an NFL player.

16 hours ago, catswild said:

If OR gives the ball to #22 thirty plus times then the game will be won easily. He has been the best back on the team since he was a Frosh. Finally getting the majority of the carries. Previously his talent was wasted behind inferior backs.