Clinton at OR Round 2

CU06

1 minute ago, atrisk said:

LCongrats to Clinton. In 67 years of watching OR football I've never seen a complete unraveling in the second half. Offence,defence,kicking game. Total give away by the 'Cats. Come out of the locker room and have to call a time out then fumble it away. Geez. Best of luck.

I'll admit, when I was watching, it felt like OR thought they could just go through the motions in the second half and win. Hats off to Clinton for their performance after halftime.

2 minutes ago, atrisk said:

LCongrats to Clinton. In 67 years of watching OR football I've never seen a complete unraveling in the second half. Offence,defence,kicking game. Total give away by the 'Cats. Come out of the locker room and have to call a time out then fumble it away. Geez. Best of luck.

Yeah, it was pretty pitiful. Outplayed in every facet of the game, and I never thought id say this, but Rang was completely outcoached tonight. Just gotta tell it like it is.

1 minute ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

What a waste of 22 for OR. Been wasted for 4 years. Best Rb to come through OR in awhile. Couldve had all records if he got the carries he deserved for 4 years.

Yet he was stoned tonight when it mattered most. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the opposition.

Edited by SweetScience

1 minute ago, atrisk said:

Rang play calling was questionable, but that's am easy thing to say. I don't think he was out coached, OR was just snake bit. Was the offside on the kickoff Clinton's only called foul of the night?

One of the very few. No turnovers too, which was huge. Got to hand it to Clinton. They just flat outplayed OR. That play to start the second half was plum ridiculous. That’s what we get for trying to get too cute. Like you said, couldn’t even get a play off and had to call timeout coming out after halftime. How in the world does that even happen? Ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I actually called it too. Not on here, but to my buds offline. Just had that feeling. Everybody thought we were just going to waltz into the 4th round. That’s what we get for being overconfident. Good lesson.

I hate it for you guys, SS. You really had some special seniors on that team too.

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

I hate it for you guys, SS. You really had some special seniors on that team too.

We did, for sure. Honestly, though, I end up saying that after every season, but other kids always seem to step up and fill the gaps. Definitely a group that will be missed, though, and a really bad ending to a very promising group. Good lessons though for the kids coming up to not take anything for granted.