Clinton at OR Round 2

CU06

Sheriff is right, there was no sense in #7 being out there, especially as a freshman in a situation like that. Not to mention, we had two SRs - #8/#10 sitting on the sidelines watching. I didn’t realize it at the time, but that’s unbelievable to think about it. I don’t blame #7, heck the kid is just a 9th grader. Just no excuse for him being out there when he was. I mean, it’s all said and done now, but it’s insane when you think about it.

Clinton sure capitalized on it.

Edited by SweetScience

9 minutes ago, atrisk said:

#10 had to be benched. He was hitting too hard.lol. someone want to start Oak Ridge Football 2024? I'm not familiar with how this all works. 

Yeah, what a bs call that was. I guess he was supposed to stand there and just let the guy catch the ball. Football has turned into ballet anymore with some of these rules. They called it targeting, but I’d have to see the replay. Maybe it was. 

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Sheriff is right, there was no sense in #7 being out there, especially as a freshman in a situation like that. Not to mention, we had two SRs - #8/#10 sitting on the sidelines watching. I didn’t realize it at the time, but that’s unbelievable to think about it. I don’t blame #7, heck the kid is just a 9th grader. Just no excuse for him being out there when he was. I mean, it’s all said and done now, but it’s insane when you think about it.

Clinton sure capitalized on it.

He is a frosh by grade, but he was reclassified to be a frosh. Took off a year from football when completing 8th grade a second time at Concord. Should be a sophmore 

8 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

He is a frosh by grade, but he was reclassified to be a frosh. Took off a year from football when completing 8th grade a second time at Concord. Should be a sophmore 

Ahh, I see. Either way, we had 2 very capable Senior CBs watching from the sidelines at the time, I THINK. Just absurd. Oh well, it’s history now.

Edited by SweetScience

13 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

One coach did not want to take out his son. Who kept getting beat again and again. This isn't the first game either.

This is all very interesting, but l have a more serious question. I was looking at the connection between #7 and who his father was. I don't know either one and that is where my curiosity ends. As l was reading the members of the Football Coaching Staff l recognized the name Eric Thomas - Linebackers Coach. Is this ET (that was the nick name some called him that l remember) who played RB/LB for OR in the 80s. He was a great player that played at Georgia Tech. If l am not mistaken Orion Cox (TE) also from OR went to Georgia Tech from that same team. I might be mistaken?

5 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

This is all very interesting, but l have a more serious question. I was looking at the connection between #7 and who his father was. I don't know either one and that is where my curiosity ends. As l was reading the members of the Football Coaching Staff l recognized the name Eric Thomas - Linebackers Coach. Is this ET (that was the nick name some called him that l remember) who played RB/LB for OR in the 80s. He was a great player that played at Georgia Tech. If l am not mistaken Orion Cox (TE) also from OR went to Georgia Tech from that same team. I might be mistaken?

Yep, that’s him. And yes, Orion went to GT as well and was on that same team. Alfred Jones who went to Kentucky was on that team as well. That was a loaded OR team, and probably my favorite growing up as a young kid. Tommy Laurendine and Eric Menefee were other notable guys from that team, both went to Appy State. Loved that team.

Edited by SweetScience

10 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

You don't know them because they aren't from OR. Yes ET is on staff. Not sure about the other person you mentioned going to GT