R2: Fayetteville @ SC

SCHSAllHail

On 11/7/2023 at 9:40 AM, Salem said:

Last years starter transferred to Beech. There is very little drop off to their freshman playing now. He's a stud as well. 

On 11/7/2023 at 10:04 AM, TyroneBiggums said:

Not sure about the no drop off. Powell was a stud and would have been a monster this year in 2A. Time will tell though. 

How bout now? The Smith County freshman QB is a stud!

3 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

And we heard how the Powell family loved Carthage esp the support they showed when the kid’s mother was sick?? But yes Powell was not originally from smith co. 

this is a true statement. i’m not saying that he will play football for all 4 years baseball is his favorite sport and probably his best but he is a great QB and we are a football school. i sure hope he plays all his years. but he will be at smith county. 

5 hours ago, Salem said:

How bout now? The Smith County freshman QB is a stud!

He is a stud but there is a difference in a stud Freshman and stud Sophomore that has the experience. Age matters some. This years QB appears to have as good of an arm as last year if not better but last years still more of a power running threat. A stud is a stud though. I am just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums

Now that I've had a few days to get over the shell shock, or the hangover, or both from last Friday's Pimp Slapping we took from Smith Co., I want to state the obvious and say that SC completely and totally earned their win.  Not only deserved, but did what they had to do to ensure moving on to the next round.  All three phases of their game were on point, and Fayetteville's were not.  If I knew how to post the picture of the Marine with the Thousand Yard Stare, that would be the best description of the feelings most of us fans had in the first half.  Halfway through the second quarter, I had an out-of-body experience where I teleported/time-traveled back to November 22, 2013.  Basically the same end result from that night to this last Friday. @Southtowner, you were there.

We will regroup.  We will put in the work.  We will continue to improve.  The coach and assistants will work on what we need to do to get better.  It's not "back to the drawing board", it's "Here we come again".  

39 minutes ago, Varo said:

Now that I've had a few days to get over the shell shock, or the hangover, or both from last Friday's Pimp Slapping we took from Smith Co., I want to state the obvious and say that SC completely and totally earned their win.  Not only deserved, but did what they had to do to ensure moving on to the next round.  All three phases of their game were on point, and Fayetteville's were not.  If I knew how to post the picture of the Marine with the Thousand Yard Stare, that would be the best description of the feelings most of us fans had in the first half.  Halfway through the second quarter, I had an out-of-body experience where I teleported/time-traveled back to November 22, 2013.  Basically the same end result from that night to this last Friday. @Southtowner, you were there.

We will regroup.  We will put in the work.  We will continue to improve.  The coach and assistants will work on what we need to do to get better.  It's not "back to the drawing board", it's "Here we come again".  

i think that smith team had 19/22 starters that were seniors or close to it. fayetteville is losing a couple of good players but will only get better with how much talent is in the younger grades. i’ll take a 2nd round exit down year any day over a typical 2-8 down year that most teams would have

48 minutes ago, City223 said:

i think that smith team had 19/22 starters that were seniors or close to it. fayetteville is losing a couple of good players but will only get better with how much talent is in the younger grades. i’ll take a 2nd round exit down year any day over a typical 2-8 down year that most teams would have

I agree with you @City223. Thanks for picking up the slack for the Tigers this year on this forum.