R2: Fayetteville @ SC

SCHSAllHail

Watched the Forrest and Upperman games. My opinion City loses this game by 2 scores minimum. SC is well coached, kids play with tremendous effort across the board. They are very disciplined and speed everywhere. MC won’t be a match for this team if they survive ER either. I don’t think that will happen anyway. City dressed 26 players against MC because half the team was injured by the time they played. City dominated them for 3 quarters and in my opinion the OC cost them the game with his questionable play calling and botched fake punt in 4&1 that they could have picked up in wild cat. OC coaches scared and screen passes won’t cut it, probably one of the worst Coaches I’ve ever witnessed as far as scheme and using his talent. Signal caller has been prone playing terrible in big games. McKenzie last season City had to run wildcat because he was completely overwhelmed with the gravity of the game. They were a bobbled catch away from losing to Forrest. I haven’t witnessed any progression since last year. I would almost argue he’s digressed this year. I think the speed and rush will do the same this week. The receivers at City have made him look better than he is at times.  At this level of football he should be shredding defenses apart with his rating, not missing wide open receivers across the field. Last 3 weeks City has had multiple TD’s called back for movement pre-snap, offsides penalties, #8 has averaged at least a fumble in each game he’s played RB. That kind of stuff loses these games. City defense has been prone to get beat on deep passes and often get misaligned or bite on fakes. (Marion County loss) SC made it hard for Upperman to do much after the first drive, I think their QB is better than Willoughby and throws better on the run. SC completely shut down Forrest with speed and hustle. City tends to play hard for a quarter or 2 then loaf around. This is the best skill position team besides Marshall County that City will have faced, possibly faster with exception of 1 guy at Marshall County being recruited by Ole Miss that made them look like a peewee team. The plus I see for city is SC’s line isn’t the best. No attack and stand straight up on the line. It will be close for a few quarters but I think the defense wears down later in the game. Mistakes, missed receivers, and bad playing stop many drives early. I hope I’m wrong, but I call how I see it.  SC 28 City 8. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tigers713 said:

Watched the Forrest and Upperman games. My opinion City loses this game by 2 scores minimum. SC is well coached, kids play with tremendous effort across the board. They are very disciplined and speed everywhere. MC won’t be a match for this team if they survive ER either. I don’t think that will happen anyway. City dressed 26 players against MC because half the team was injured by the time they played. City dominated them for 3 quarters and in my opinion the OC cost them the game with his questionable play calling and botched fake punt in 4&1 that they could have picked up in wild cat. OC coaches scared and screen passes won’t cut it, probably one of the worst Coaches I’ve ever witnessed as far as scheme and using his talent. Signal caller has been prone playing terrible in big games. McKenzie last season City had to run wildcat because he was completely overwhelmed with the gravity of the game. They were a bobbled catch away from losing to Forrest. I haven’t witnessed any progression since last year. I would almost argue he’s digressed this year. I think the speed and rush will do the same this week. The receivers at City have made him look better than he is at times.  At this level of football he should be shredding defenses apart with his rating, not missing wide open receivers across the field. Last 3 weeks City has had multiple TD’s called back for movement pre-snap, offsides penalties, #8 has averaged at least a fumble in each game he’s played RB. That kind of stuff loses these games. City defense has been prone to get beat on deep passes and often get misaligned or bite on fakes. (Marion County loss) SC made it hard for Upperman to do much after the first drive, I think their QB is better than Willoughby and throws better on the run. SC completely shut down Forrest with speed and hustle. City tends to play hard for a quarter or 2 then loaf around. This is the best skill position team besides Marshall County that City will have faced, possibly faster with exception of 1 guy at Marshall County being recruited by Ole Miss that made them look like a peewee team. The plus I see for city is SC’s line isn’t the best. No attack and stand straight up on the line. It will be close for a few quarters but I think the defense wears down later in the game. Mistakes, missed receivers, and bad playing stop many drives early. I hope I’m wrong, but I call how I see it.  SC 28 City 8. 

I like your breakdown brother...

• Thanks 1

So i just watched some film on SC...and they look pretty dang impressive...they look pretty big up front...the QB for SC will have to be smart with the ball...the RB looks pretty fast and appears to have good vision and good feet. this could be a hard game to win for City...City will have to bring their "A" game actually their "A+" game...the City QB will have to show up huge and make good decisions, they cannot afford to be lazy on defense at any point against SC from what i watched. 

SC 35

FC 14

Edited by TheFootballDad
wording
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Tigers713 said:

this was exhausting to read. 5 billion word paragraph. but i soldiered on and lo and behold there are some excellent points here. 

i agree that smith is the best team in the quadrant by a mile

i also agree that people are underestimating smith's speed. this isn't some big lumbering squad. these guys have quickness in the skill positions and good footwork in some huge lineman. i was shocked and said so the night they curbstomped us. 

not surprised that f'ville domm'ed marion for much of the game. 

the rest i was about 50/50 on but dang. learn to line break and you might be a great one here, 

i still think marion beats ER. i just think marion has the playoff vibe. i still predict marion smith to go to semis. i just think smith wins a 28-20 type game

1 minute ago, GeneralForrest said:

this was exhausting to read. 5 billion word paragraph. but i soldiered on and lo and behold there are some excellent points here. 

i agree that smith is the best team in the quadrant by a mile

i also agree that people are underestimating smith's speed. this isn't some big lumbering squad. these guys have quickness in the skill positions and good footwork in some huge lineman. i was shocked and said so the night they curbstomped us. 

not surprised that f'ville domm'ed marion for much of the game. 

the rest i was about 50/50 on but dang. learn to line break and you might be a great one here, 

i still think marion beats ER. i just think marion has the playoff vibe. i still predict marion smith to go to semis. i just think smith wins a 28-20 type game

i take back my 50/50. u are there for the city tiger games. i only saw them once. this is very damning of their offensive staff this seasons

Any one of these 4 teams can represent the bottom half of bracket and I would not be shocked. They are all good enough to win the next 2 games. Should be 3 good games. Want to see SC make it, but everything now is earned. I can confidently say I have no idea which team will make semis. East=most talented. Smith= solid, but not without flaws. City=enough. Marion=combo of talent and solid. Fun quad to watch the next 2 weeks. 

Edited by coachcorey

22 minutes ago, coachcorey said:

Any one of these 4 teams can represent the bottom half of bracket and I would not be shocked. They are all good enough to win the next 2 games. Should be 3 good games. Want to see SC make it, but everything now is earned. I can confidently say I have no idea which team will make semis. East=most talented. Smith= solid, but not without flaws. City=enough. Marion=combo of talent and solid. Fun quad to watch the next 2 weeks. 

Solid quad.