MJ loses to Oakland by 30. What you got, over or under?

TommyBahama

3 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Yep let’s continue to mock a team that were region champs for the 2nd year in a row, has a  Mr football semi finalist, and is 9-2. People are allergic to facts. Have fun with your “Oakland pummeling” MJ narrative. Will it probably happen? Yeah… as it should with the premier Ruco team. I’m just hoping MJ makes it respectable. Congrats to MJ on being region champs and winning their first round playoff game despite having to soul search after the previous horrid 2 weeks. 

By no means was I taking a shot at MJ. They are a solid program. They have lived 2 seasons into 1. My comment just focused on the now of the season. I have seen both in live action and they are equally impressive in their game plans. I see the game starting close but Oakland opening it up in the 2nd half. Home field environment could help! Ravenwood used that to their advantage a few weeks ago and threw some big punches. Every week is important so looking forward to seeing the kids from both sides compete.

You could end world hunger if you had a dollar every time Pillow Perry and his MJDNA crew beat their chest about a Regional Championship.  He and his staff are the most arrogant, wasteful group of zeroes.  They've squandered more talent than any staff in the area and have gotten away with that and pitiful scheduling for years.  Got to give him credit, the average person just sees 9-2 and a Cracker Jack box regional champ temporary tattoo and thinks that's wonderful.  He's ok with being mediocre, in fact he's convinced guys like this Golden Bear fella that it's actually not mediocrity they're seeing.  Again pretty impressive. 

Edited by TommyBahama

1 hour ago, TommyBahama said:

You could end world hunger if you had a dollar every time Pillow Perry and his MJDNA crew beat their chest about a Regional Championship.  He and his staff are the most arrogant, wasteful group of zeroes.  They've squandered more talent than any staff in the area and have gotten away with that and pitiful scheduling for years.  Got to give him credit, the average person just sees 9-2 and a Cracker Jack box regional champ temporary tattoo and thinks that's wonderful.  He's ok with being mediocre, in fact he's convinced guys like this Golden Bear fella that it's actually not mediocrity they're seeing.  Again pretty impressive. 

You truly are incompetent to believe that in are specific region in the state of Tennessee produces “premier” talent. Demographics don’t align well,  nor have we ever been blessed with much size… I’ll always stand by the FACT that Perry does the best with what he’s given… especially since GH has been added into the mix. Did TP take your job or something else perhaps… lol Your opinions are meaningless and baseless. Good luck next time chump boy 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

36 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

You truly are incompetent to believe that in are specific region in the state of Tennessee produces “premier” talent. Demographics don’t align well,  nor have we ever been blessed with much size… I’ll always stand by the FACT that Perry does the best with what he’s given… especially since GH has been added into the mix. Did TP take your job or something else perhaps… lol Your opinions are meaningless and baseless. Good luck next time chump boy 

The demographic that falls within the zoning of Mount Juliet has produced just as good of talent as about any other public school in the state of Tennessee. Numerous division 1 Players within the last few years including current players on SEC, Big 12, and ACC team Rosters. I don’t think their issue is “a lack of talent”, it’s a consistent weak schedule that doesn’t prepare them for a deep playoff run. Roger Perry (Who IMO was the best coach MJ has ever had) was able to accomplish way more with less. I believe they have adopted a culture in the T Perry Era that is ok with being mediocre. With that said, they are a great community and I wish them the best, it’s just kind of known that friendships with faculty and family arrangements have cemented that program with T Perry coaching to prevent awkwardness within the community. Plus it’s hard to move on from a Coach when on paper he hasn’t done a bad job but everyone knows that his resume and credentials are boosted by continuously scheduling weaker non region opponents like Glencliff, Hunters Lane, Maplewood, Republic, Ect. Year in and year out which is why multiple times in recent years you’ve seen 9-1/10-0 region champ Mount Juliet teams consistently having 1st and second round playoff exits. 

3 minutes ago, Meat99 said:

The demographic that falls within the zoning of Mount Juliet has produced just as good of talent as about any other public school in the state of Tennessee. Numerous division 1 Players within the last few years including current players on SEC, Big 12, and ACC team Rosters. I don’t think their issue is “a lack of talent”, it’s a consistent weak schedule that doesn’t prepare them for a deep playoff run. Roger Perry (Who IMO was the best coach MJ has ever had) was able to accomplish way more with less. I believe they have adopted a culture in the T Perry Era that is ok with being mediocre. With that said, they are a great community and I wish them the best, it’s just kind of known that friendships with faculty and family arrangements have cemented that program with T Perry coaching to prevent awkwardness within the community. Plus it’s hard to move on from a Coach when on paper he hasn’t done a bad job but everyone knows that his resume and credentials are boosted by continuously scheduling weaker non region opponents like Glencliff, Hunters Lane, Maplewood, Republic, Ect. Year in and year out which is why multiple times in recent years you’ve seen 9-1/10-0 region champ Mount Juliet teams consistently having 1st and second round playoff exits. 

It bothers people so much which is comical to me. A bunch of grown adults worried so much about another grown adult and his decisions… as far as the D1 talent argument, it’s laughable and proves you know little about our program, just merely angered by TP and his decision making… lol we have produced maybe 5-6 guys within the last 20 years to go play D1/D1aa ball. Most of which were years ago. You’re literally using the last two years as your “gauge” for talent in MJ and even then we have NO DEPTH. It worries me how potential fully developed grown males can’t comprehend such facts. 

6 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

I didn't realize grown "adults" could enjoy waiting on watching a high school team fail so much. MJGB, you have seemed to be very realistic about your team on here for the last couple years. I can't find any threads where you thought they would be the State Champ. They are a good team, playing a very good team next Friday night. Good luck to the Golden Bears. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

It bothers people so much which is comical to me. A bunch of grown adults worried so much about another grown adult and his decisions… as far as the D1 talent argument, it’s laughable and proves you know little about our program, just merely angered by TP and his decision making… lol we have produced maybe 5-6 guys within the last 20 years to go play D1/D1aa ball. Most of which were years ago. You’re literally using the last two years as your “gauge” for talent in MJ and even then we have NO DEPTH. It worries me how potential fully developed grown males can’t comprehend such facts. 

I agree with it being ignorant when grown adults wish upon the downfall of a high school and community. That’s sad..as far as there not being 5-6 D1 players in the last 20 years, I believe there was almost that many on their 2018 team alone. Another crazy stat is that their 04-05’ team had 2 senior players on that same team go on to play in the NFL and they still did not make the playoffs. Call it ill informed or whatever, but it is a known discussion among many people who have played and coached in the Middle Tennessee area that there has been an under utilization of talent at MJ in recent years. It is what it is. I think MJ has a fine program and wonderful community support and I think Trey Perry is a good coach, he’s just not the guy to take them to the next level and myself (along with many others) believe they’re ok with that. 

35 minutes ago, Meat99 said:

I agree with it being ignorant when grown adults wish upon the downfall of a high school and community. That’s sad..as far as there not being 5-6 D1 players in the last 20 years, I believe there was almost that many on their 2018 team alone. Another crazy stat is that their 04-05’ team had 2 senior players on that same team go on to play in the NFL and they still did not make the playoffs. Call it ill informed or whatever, but it is a known discussion among many people who have played and coached in the Middle Tennessee area that there has been an under utilization of talent at MJ in recent years. It is what it is. I think MJ has a fine program and wonderful community support and I think Trey Perry is a good coach, he’s just not the guy to take them to the next level and myself (along with many others) believe they’re ok with that. 

Name a few from the 2018 team then. That’s news to me, other than Aidan Raines at Tennessee tech…

8 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Yep let’s continue to mock a team that were region champs for the 2nd year in a row, has a  Mr football semi finalist, and is 9-2. People are allergic to facts. Have fun with your “Oakland pummeling” MJ narrative. Will it probably happen? Yeah… as it should with the premier Ruco team. I’m just hoping MJ makes it respectable. Congrats to MJ on being region champs and winning their first round playoff game despite having to soul search after the previous horrid 2 weeks. 

May be the only 1 seed in the state in any class who feels as if they’ve accomplished something for beating a 4 seed. you’re a clown.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

You all have 5 D1 players the past 4 years. Are you brain dead?

• Upvote 1