Rd 2 Westview at Dyersburg

Trojan

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You are leaving out the junior class. The 42 number is mostly sophomores and juniors with a couple of freshman. Most of the freshman do not dress. 

I have the correct figures from the roster for Dyersburg listed on the TSSAA website. 

According to the TSSAA roster, Dyersburg has 76 players. The breakdown by classes  turns out to be:

Freshman 18

Sophomores 24

Junior 10

Senior 24

So, it appears that your guy @tennesseeannouncer quoted a correct total for the freshman and sophomore classes of 18 + 24 = 42. This is a great number.

You claim only a couple of freshmen dress. I’m just guessing, but I’ve seen this happen before - once the freshman or JV season is over, some coaches dress the entire roster so that they all get the playoff experience. 

I’m only messing with you guys to get accurate stuff on here. My Covington squad only has 62 on the roster. Congratulations on the great young squad y’all have coming along.

On 11/8/2023 at 7:53 AM, CHARGERFAN said:

I have the correct figures from the roster for Dyersburg listed on the TSSAA website. 

According to the TSSAA roster, Dyersburg has 76 players. The breakdown by classes  turns out to be:

Freshman 18

Sophomores 24

Junior 10

Senior 24

So, it appears that your guy @tennesseeannouncer quoted a correct total for the freshman and sophomore classes. 

A wise man once told me that a broken clock is right twice a day! LOL

Good luck tomorrow night. With us seeing Westview for a second time it presents an extra opportunity to connect with friends from Martin for a pregame meal before going to the game.

If both Dburg and Covington can advance it will be enjoyable to reconnect with some of the folks from Covington.

4 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

A wise man once told me that a broken clock is right twice a day! LOL

Good luck tomorrow night. With us seeing Westview for a second time it presents an extra opportunity to connect with friends from Martin for a pregame meal before going to the game.

If both Dburg and Covington can advance it will be enjoyable to reconnect with some of the folks from Covington.

Y'all have a couple of good eating places in Dyersburg. I partook of that Chinese buffet last trip. It was more appetizing than the Covington loss to Dyersburg. That part was hard to swallow. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Y'all have a couple of good eating places in Dyersburg. I partook of that Chinese buffet last trip. It was more appetizing than the Covington loss to Dyersburg. That part was hard to swallow. 

The Gus's in Dyersburg is amazing!!! (Actually better than the one in Mason)

Well, its almost that time. The kids are heading to Dyersburg feeling confident in a bounce back from last game. Like I said earlier this week if we don't turn the ball over, we have a good chance to leave with the upset of the year. No doubt Dyersburg is a great team, but the QB/FS loss is going to be obvious tonight. Look for the passing attack to be in full affect tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if we put it in the air 40 times tonight. Go Chargers!

27 minutes ago, Primetime1 said:

Well, its almost that time. The kids are heading to Dyersburg feeling confident in a bounce back from last game. Like I said earlier this week if we don't turn the ball over, we have a good chance to leave with the upset of the year. No doubt Dyersburg is a great team, but the QB/FS loss is going to be obvious tonight. Look for the passing attack to be in full affect tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if we put it in the air 40 times tonight. Go Chargers!

I agree that turnovers have been Westview's biggest enemy and I also expect more dedication to the attack through the air. Prayers for a safe trip to and from Dburg. 

44 minutes ago, Primetime1 said:

Sissy

2 hours ago, Primetime1 said:

Westview only chance is to score every time they have the ball