CPA vs. USJ - Yesterday and Today

CPA4Ever

12 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

The Difference between 1A and 2A is enormous. So is the gap between 2A and 3A.

Davidson Academy dominated 1A. They have been 3rd or 4th in their region since moving up.

We all know how Lipscomb faired this year in 3A. They will drop back next year.

the moves up or down cant happin til year after next

Booger just sayin :thumb:

8 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Davidson Academy dominated 1A. They have been 3rd or 4th in their region since moving up.

Lipscomb can't drop back next year to AA

21 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

CPA has a really good record against 3A teams in the past. 2-0 this year. 

CPA was on a totally different level of course, but going 7-5 with a playoff win was a nice season for a young, rebuilding Bruins team with a new coach. The reality is it’s unlikely we’ll ever be able to beat the best out of the Nashville area in AA with how Nashville has grown, but we should be in the mix for the region championship most years in the West.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kublah said:

CPA was on a totally different level of course, but going 7-5 with a playoff win was a nice season for a young, rebuilding Bruins team with a new coach. The reality is it’s unlikely we’ll ever be able to beat the best out of the Nashville area in AA with how Nashville has grown, but we should be in the mix for the region championship most years in the West.

At some point don't you think we'll get tired of getting destroyed by these Nashville teams. You think there's a chance that we start recruiting for football because I think that last game showed everyone at USJ what it takes to be successful in AA.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, usjfan1345 said:

At some point don't you think we'll get tired of getting destroyed by these Nashville teams. You think there's a chance that we start recruiting for football because I think that last game showed everyone at USJ what it takes to be successful in AA.

As a CPA guy, I am so thankful for the years of success we’ve had in athletics. I think the biggest “recruitment” factor is the reputation of the brand. Dads and moms want to get their kids into CPA in elementary school so they can play for Ingle, or baseball, soccer, track & field, etc.  Not making a decision just based on sports alone but the culture of what it means to be on a CPA team and having those leaders be the biggest positive influence to their kids. 

Generally, I think the majority of schools are like this across the state. You just have to be the one in your target market area, and that takes a lot better public relations person than I am to explain how!

On 11/11/2023 at 11:25 AM, MichaelMyers76 said:

Davidson Cats will not mercy rule Boyd Bucs on Friday night. They will not even be able to beat them. It will not happen. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.