CPA vs. USJ - Yesterday and Today

CPA4Ever

On 11/12/2023 at 2:42 PM, usjfan1345 said:

At some point don't you think we'll get tired of getting destroyed by these Nashville teams. You think there's a chance that we start recruiting for football because I think that last game showed everyone at USJ what it takes to be successful in AA.

There’s not enough talent in the Jackson area to compete with what a CPA or Lipscomb or whoever can get together. Maybe if they want to start running a bus from Brownsville. We’ve got two in the NFL right now and might add a third next year, so it’s not like we’re in the desert. But with Nashville being a high growth destination city the private schools there will be able to pick and choose who they let in while maintaining the same enrollment for a while. It’s not just the top end talent but also a lot of the “role players” CPA has looked like they could play small school college ball. Maybe if Jackson charter schools ever happen we can get one of those coop arrangements rolling like Lausanne used to kickstart their program ;) 

• Like 1

Funny hearing all these USJ people whine and cry on hear cause they got their butts kicked.  USJ did this to Middleton, Bruceton, TCA (during their first few years to have a team) and many others for years and years.   They never had a problem beating smaller schools like a drum for years and years.  Now, they get a taste of it and its all tears and panties all up in a wad.  Cry me a river.

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2023 at 1:38 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

Come on Homer. You have been in the championship 5 of the 6. You can't help it if Lipscomb out recruited you for last two years.

excuse me. Please redefine "head and shoulders above everyone". Apparently "everyone" doesn't include the other 4 who they didn't beat.

23 hours ago, Deeper said:

Funny hearing all these USJ people whine and cry on hear cause they got their butts kicked.  USJ did this to Middleton, Bruceton, TCA (during their first few years to have a team) and many others for years and years.   They never had a problem beating smaller schools like a drum for years and years.  Now, they get a taste of it and its all tears and panties all up in a wad.  Cry me a river.

Yeah yeah boohoo it’s been about two decades since we got multiplied and we’ve been in D2 the last 15 years. Move on with your life. That’s more time passed than we spent dominating West Tenn 1A. And let me correct you on a couple things — 1.) Bruceton had some good and great teams back then 2.) You left off that we also kicked JCS’s butt every year!!

2 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Two of those 4 losses moved up a class. ECS has not been relevant since the year they beat you and 2017 you had a down year as you guys adjusted to the move to D2. Head and shoulders because the only other team in AA that has come even close to that kind of record in in AAA now.

It's ok. You guys are good. Ingle does a fantastic job. But to argue that you are not historically better than the rest is idiotic on your part.

On 11/13/2023 at 3:03 PM, CaptainGuru said:

Davidson Cats will not mercy rule Boyd Bucs on Friday night. They will not even be able to beat them. It will not happen. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

DA will indeed not...they squeek out a W.....but difference in this contest will be defense play....The Bucs at the North Brainerd Levee Swamp get the edge on that

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Boog I think you are underestimating the Jonathan Quinn offense.

au contraire MM76...au contraire......no underestimation at all..

..Booger eyes have laid witness to Quinns teams he puts on the field.....very well coached.....Booger nose how well he develops those QBs to operate in that spread and the number of receivers he will toss it too.....a pro QB should be able to develop a QB......and not so sure the one hes got now dont toss that pigskin around better than that baseball player at MTSU did...would be intresting to know the full extent of that young speedsters injury last week against Luzziane....

...Booger nose thats a fairly large seasoned OL.....but that QB will see pressure Friday....that 32 is good RB....but he ant Simmons

....Booger thinkin them Nashville Baptist gonna need bout 5 trips to the endzone to get past them Church of Christers and revisit them Presbyterians again at Finley.....and if so that Book will read the same

thats a Booger Pickin :thumb:

22 hours ago, Kublah said:

Yeah yeah boohoo it’s been about two decades since we got multiplied and we’ve been in D2 the last 15 years. Move on with your life. That’s more time passed than we spent dominating West Tenn 1A. And let me correct you on a couple things — 1.) Bruceton had some good and great teams back then 2.) You left off that we also kicked JCS’s butt every year!!

There you go everyone.  Nothing more needs to be said.

On 11/14/2023 at 8:29 PM, Kublah said:

You won most years but they have a gold ball and remind me, did you guys play the lowly eagles this year?

On 11/14/2023 at 8:29 PM, Kublah said:

2006 says hello when JCS won the state title. 1 Gold > than all that silver