Rd 3 McKenzie travels to Moore Co

RedRebelman

1 hour ago, PeskyPole said:

How did Forrest do in the playoffs this year?  How many points did you guys score in the playoffs last season?  When was the last time you beat a team from West TN when it mattered?

Guess you feel the need to defend your region because you all keep getting beat by West TN teams in years that you feel you have a chance. 

I've been involved in my share of stupid arguments on the internet but this is one of the dumbest.  I planned to log in and give the MC posters some grief after the game but got distracted by trolling and putting down a great player and better person and my focus shifted. I didn't have a dog in the hunt but I have zero tolerance of low IQ adults taking shots at a kid who has more talent in his injured leg than they do in their whole body. 

Did Brock Purdy's elbow injury at the beginning of the NFC championship game affect the outcome? Does anyone in Philadelphia care that the injury was mentioned after the game? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

I've been involved in my share of stupid arguments on the internet but this is one of the dumbest.  I planned to log in and give the MC posters some grief after the game but got distracted by trolling and putting down a great player and better person and my focus shifted. I didn't have a dog in the hunt but I have zero tolerance of low IQ adults taking shots at a kid who has more talent in his injured leg than they do in their whole body. 

Did Brock Purdy's elbow injury at the beginning of the NFC championship game affect the outcome? Does anyone in Philadelphia care that the injury was mentioned after the game? 

I think you are quoting the wrong person. I never took a shot at White. I complimented his season and body of work over the last few seasons. I honestly think you are arguing with yourself. 

I felt as though you and your GF were giving excuses for the Moore Co loss instead of respecting a Rebel win.  You play with what you have on gameday and take the result that happens. Moore Co brought what they had and lost. Just like Forrest has 14 times the last 2 seasons. 

4 hours ago, Sherdog said:

Name a team since they changed classifications that wasn't as dominant as the 16 team? That team has a qb that got drafted in the NFL and several that played D1 ball. I don't remember a single game that was even close. ( I don't count the years that the private schools were included)

In the West, in recent years the 2 UC teams were more dominant and the LC team from a few years back would have rolled on that Dresden squad. There have been many S Pitt teams that would have given any powerhouse in any classification trouble.

20 minutes ago, Waker said:

In the West, in recent years the 2 UC teams were more dominant and the LC team from a few years back would have rolled on that Dresden squad. There have been many S Pitt teams that would have given any powerhouse in any classification trouble.

I would have loved to see the 2A Dresden team that made the championship game play the 2016 Dresden team. But it's never going to happen just like the greatest team of all time debate. Enjoy great teams in 1 & 2A because they don't come around that often. Which is what makes the MeKenzie, Trenton and UC teams of late that much more impressive. LC teams of the past are really impressive with the school size. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PeskyPole said:

Not trolling bud. Moore Co has gotten better each year as Dawson and his teammates have gained experience it was just a case of McKenzie having a better game plan. 

No one is this delusional. You're either a McKenzie coach patting himself on the back or his wife. In your feelings way too much about the accomplishments of a high school sports team. Weird. When the raiders ignored you you brought Fayetteville and Forrest into it.

2 hours ago, PeskyPole said:

I think you are quoting the wrong person. I never took a shot at White. I complimented his season and body of work over the last few seasons. I honestly think you are arguing with yourself. 

and implied his injury wasn't legit or had anything to do with the result. Good luck, coach or mrs. coach. Keep up the better game planning. :roflol:

14 minutes ago, Salem said:

No one is this delusional. You're either a McKenzie coach patting himself on the back or his wife. In your feelings way too much about the accomplishments of a high school sports team. Weird. When the raiders ignored you you brought Fayetteville and Forrest into it.

and implied his injury wasn't legit or had anything to do with the result. Good luck, coach or mrs. coach. Keep up the better game planning. :roflol:

I would love to be considered part of that coaching staff. Privileged even. 

Good luck with the coaching search your way. Based on the results and info that you and your GF share its not good in Forrest. Maybe the basketball team will get 10 wins for ya. Probably going to have to until baseball season and hope you don’t have to face the Rebels again (does Minor have a son that could help)

21 minutes ago, Salem said:

Not a coach though. Just a fan enjoying the wave that the Rebels have been on the last few seasons.  We have had our lean years and I am gloating a bit (probably too much for most’s liking) but that is all it is and I am not gonna let Negative Nancy (you) or Debbie Downer (GF) bother me. But thanks for the debate though. 

On 11/21/2023 at 10:21 AM, PeskyPole said:

Not trolling bud.  You are a fella that can't deal with the truth.  Dawson White has had a great high school career and I hope that he recovers and has a chance to continue to play in some division of college football.  I have watched all three games that Moore Co has played McKenzie and while Moore Co has gotten better each year as Dawson and his teammates have gained experience it was just a case of McKenzie having a better game plan.  In the game last Friday, despite the Raider O-line have a size advantage they were outplayed by a team with an athletic d-line and speed on the outside.  Dawson was under pressure more than he has seen all year and if he was a step slower then that hurt the Raiders even more.  You seem to forget that the Rebels were driving and could have scored on their last possession but respectfully kneeled to run out the clock. 

Your perspective is a bit skewed due to your fandom (as with most) but just enjoy the ride your Raiders have been on, talk about the what could have been other Raider fans, and hope you don't come across McKenzie again in the playoffs because it will probably be the same conversation then too.   

Don’t forget too that if the holding penalty wasn’t called when McKenzie scored to go up 34-14 in the 3rd qtr, it most likely would have been a blow out.  And by the way, there was no holding call what so ever on that play.  Just saying……

On 11/22/2023 at 10:40 PM, City223 said:

@BBRaider @RaiderzFan who goes in at qb for next season? y’all have been very fortunate to have 2 stud qbs to lead the team recently. is there another one of those hid on the bench?

The lefty #5 Wise will be the front runner but I suspect next year to be like 2021 it’ll take awhile for MC to find the guy much like it did Dawson and there are a few athletes in the mix whom can make the jump a couple share same genes as Dawson