R3: East Robertson @ SC

SCHSAllHail

21 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Is East going to be able to stream? 

Sort of. Smith County is NFHS, so we've been denied the right to have a full video broadcast. However, we are able to have an audio broadcast, so we will have a Facebook stream with full audio play-by-play, and may cut to some "live look-ins" video portions.

• Upvote 1

My take: 1st meeting both teams made mistakes and played below potential. Still, somebody had to win. This rematch has potential to be a classic. ER appears to be a talented bunch, but Smith has some good players too. I want Smith to advance but fully understand the task every week at this point is treacherous. Some very good teams left in 2A. I believe 6/8 have a realistic chance to hoist the gold. Like most on here it seems ER is the favorite if they play without all the penalties. Anyway, a true toss up this game seems to be.

1 hour ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Sort of. Smith County is NFHS, so we've been denied the right to have a full video broadcast. However, we are able to have an audio broadcast, so we will have a Facebook stream with full audio play-by-play, and may cut to some "live look-ins" video portions.

What are they gonna do sue you? It’s a public school game. Who really owns any right? They are owned by the tax payers 

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

What are they gonna do sue you? It’s a public school game. Who really owns any right? They are owned by the tax payers 

But it is a TSSAA sanctioned event so the TSSAA owns the rights. 

And yes, they can sue, in a manner of speaking. They can fine the school the amount of the broadcasting fee. That can go for any broadcast that the school doesn't even know about, but that fans post online - Facebook, YouTube, etc. 

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

3 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

3 hours ago, H2Oman said:

SC does a good job on NFHS if ER isn’t doing it. They had pretty good announcers and did a good job with the cameras.

Thank you

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

And yes, they can sue, in a manner of speaking. They can fine the school the amount of the broadcasting fee. That can go for any broadcast that the school doesn't even know about, but that fans post online - Facebook, YouTube, etc. 

I wonder if the players authorized the TSSAA to earn money off their images on NFHS? Maybe they don’t have to but it’s an interesting question I think

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

How does the TSSAA know which school a Facebook streamer is a fan of? I like to ask the hard questions I guess LOL