Quarterfinals - Powell at West

WestHigh4Life

Will Pal’s QB start or? I did read where he was injured in Friday night’s game. Don’t expect any Pal supporter to confirm if he will start or not, but if he ain’t I’m definitely picking West. If he’s healthy and playing I’m going with Powell because it’s extremely hard to beat a quality team twice in the same season as my Wildcats found out Friday night unfortunately, especially a team as good as Powell is.

7 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Will Pal’s QB start or? I did read where he was injured in Friday night’s game. Don’t expect any Pal supporter to confirm if he will start or not, but if he ain’t I’m definitely picking West. If he’s healthy and playing I’m going with Powell because it’s extremely hard to beat a quality team twice in the same season as my Wildcats found out Friday night unfortunately, especially a team as good as Powell is.

I’m not sure what happened but he threw a td pass and wasn’t touched on the play. Just never went back in after that. Was on the sidelines cheering on the team. 

On 11/11/2023 at 11:27 PM, Knoxvegas865 said:

I mean Powell completely shut down West for most of the game and still lost. Just seems like Powell will have to do the same things but even better and more disciplined. The special teams mistakes shouldn’t happen again. 

West Rebels will not mercy rule Powell Panthers in this game. It will not happen. I guarantee it. It does not matter if West Rebels won last time or not. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

17 minutes ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

I’m not sure what happened but he threw a td pass and wasn’t touched on the play. Just never went back in after that. Was on the sidelines cheering on the team. 

It was 3 plays before the TD pass that his head bounced off the turf pretty hard.  I think they took a time out and he jogged off a little gingerly.  After the timeout he came back in, ran 3 more plays.  Third one was a beautiful TD strike.  Then they put in the back up on the next series to finish it out.  So, who knows.  I'm sure West will prepare as if he is playing.  

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

It was 3 plays before the TD pass that his head bounced off the turf pretty hard.  I think they took a time out and he jogged off a little gingerly.  After the timeout he came back in, ran 3 more plays.  Third one was a beautiful TD strike.  Then they put in the back up on the next series to finish it out.  So, who knows.  I'm sure West will prepare as if he is playing.  

Oh I see it was the last play of the first quarter. Looks like they handed it off two times then threw the td pass after that play so he didn’t get touched again thankfully.. if it is a concussion. Hope he is alright he’s got a lot more football in his future.

1 hour ago, sx1234 said:

Hearing from reliable sources that the QB got a concussion.    Assuming they follow protocol, he should not expect to play Friday.

Link to this "protocol", please?   

If he is concussed, then it's up to medical personnel to either hold him or clear him, but it's not the same timetable in every case.  Depends on symptoms and response.