Quarterfinals - Powell at West

WestHigh4Life

7 minutes ago, HTV said:

Link to this "protocol", please?   

If he is concussed, then it's up to medical personnel to either hold him or clear him, but it's not the same timetable in every case.  Depends on symptoms and response.  

Are you saying there is not a concussion protocol in high school athletics? I understand that Clinton didn’t follow it but I hope other teams do follow the protocol. We are talking about the brains of 15-18 year olds. Unless there is not one of course. If that is the case, shame on TSSAA. 

2 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

So they were just looking to get the backup some quality reps for 3 quarters of play?

2 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

Are you saying there is not a concussion protocol in high school athletics? I understand that Clinton didn’t follow it but I hope other teams do follow the protocol. We are talking about the brains of 15-18 year olds. Unless there is not one of course. If that is the case, shame on TSSAA. 

No. Didn't say that. Simply stated that there is no one size fits all "protocol".  Concussions are just like any other injury in that there are different degrees and different recovery procedures,  depending on the severity and response to treatment. 

Should be another great game between these two. Wish I lived in Knoxville Friday. 5A is absolutely loaded this year. Crazy how many great quarter finals/match ups will be going on across the state. Can’t wait to see who punches their ticket to the semis and quite possibly the state title game because this game may be for that too knowing how good they both are.  

55 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

Should be another great game between these two. Wish I lived in Knoxville Friday. 5A is absolutely loaded this year. Crazy how many great quarter finals/match ups will be going on across the state. Can’t wait to see who punches their ticket to the semis and quite possibly the state title game because this game may be for that too knowing how good they both are.  

Its honestly a shame this isnt the semifinals but should be another classic indeed regardless of what round!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, HTV said:

If he is concussed, then it's up to medical personnel to either hold him or clear him, but it's not the same timetable in every case.  Depends on symptoms and response.  

https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/forms/Concussion-Return-to-Play-Form-updated-12.2019.pdf

Scroll to bottom half of page 2.   Every concussion is different, and handled differently- but every trainer has to follow a return to play protocol.  Usually "day 1" starts when the athlete is symptom free.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, footballknox said:

Would like to know who your "reliable sources" are and what official protocol you are mentioning?

The backup QB did just fine sealing the win.  

Would like to know who your "reliable sources"   

- People inside Powell High School

what official protocol you are mentioning?

- TSSAA return to play protocol- shared link in my last post

The backup QB did just fine sealing the win.  

- I agree, and it's not impossible for him to pull off the upset this Friday- However West (especially their defense) is much stronger than Sevier County IMO

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2023 at 12:16 AM, Fandom101 said:

The best 5A defenses in the East getting ready for Round 2. Right now I am leaning Powell just because of how they controlled the majority of the last game and they are probably a little better overall on the offensive side of the ball.

you must remember that game defffernt.  I thought they were almost totally even on yards gained.

15 hours ago, HTV said:

Heck with that kid's safety.  Powell has a game to play, and doc that will clear him.

• Sad 1