Quarterfinals - Powell at West

WestHigh4Life

3 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Anyone know what's ailing Wheeler? He's looked gimpy all game long.

I think Wheeler is a front runner. Goes up against a good defense and shows he has no class. Should have gotten flagged and kicked out for the punch he threw on West side line. I think it was him who later got tossed for spearing a West player while he was on the ground. The kid seems spoiled and a very unsportsman like attitude.

6 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

I think Wheeler is a front runner. Goes up against a good defense and shows he has no class. Should have gotten flagged and kicked out for the punch he threw on West side line. I think it was him who later got tossed for spearing a West player while he was on the ground. The kid seems spoiled and a very unsportsman like attitude.

Attitude reflect leadership, Captain. 

First off congrats to Powell on a great season despite losing a ton of talent from last year and navigating a tough schedule along with injuries, still making it to the 3rd round.

As long as Lowe is there, they will always be in the mix and from the looks of it will have a ton of talent coming back next year.

As for my Rebels very proud of how they played and it seems like they are playing their most complete ball at the perfect time. Tonight was the first night since the Halls game where West turned the ball over which ultimately stopped drives deep in Powell territory and hopefully wont be an issue next week.

West defense is on another level right now and that is due to all of their starters healthy for the first time together all season. They really were physical all night and both teams are probably feeling those hits this morning. Hope #2 for Powell is ok I was worried about him when he was face down after a hit, but saw he came back out there but just didn't look the same. Hes a warrior for sure and will be even better next year!

Offense running tempo needs to continue for them to be successful as I feel when they go slow it takes them out of their rhythm...something to focus on next week, but loved the balance attack and the huge catch by #9 for West and td run before halftime was a backbreaker. 

Glad to still be playing and looking forward to a heck of a game against Walker Valley next Friday. Happy Thanksgiving and Holidays to Nut and H also.

Go Rebels!

9 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

pretty sure he's playing hurt.  Also, that's being awfully hard on a high school kid.  and I'm not even a powell fan.

Learned this morning that the officials were from the Tri-Cities.  

They are still trying to figure out the illegal participation behind the line of scrimmage thing.  

Should have gone up to John Tarleton and gotten officials for that one.  Most of those guys are more with it than that crew was.  

10 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

I think that's a little harsh, BT. That said, I do think he's a talker, and I'm not a fan of that. His mom came over to the sidelines after he got tossed last night and was laying into him (or at least she appeared to be). Hopefully he'll get his mind right and come back even more focused in 2024.

Fwiw, my wife had him as a student years ago. He was a good kid, good parents, very athletic with a pedigree (his granddad played basketball at Iowa State), and he excelled academically (still does). Haven't talked to him in years, but I'd love to see a bit more humility on the field.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HTV said:

Learned this morning that the officials were from the Tri-Cities.  

They are still trying to figure out the illegal participation behind the line of scrimmage thing.  

Should have gone up to John Tarleton and gotten officials for that one.  Most of those guys are more with it than that crew was.  

Boy that took awhile to "work out", didn't it? That was one of the strangest things I've seen in a high school game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I think that's a little harsh, BT. That said, I do think he's a talker, and I'm not a fan of that. His mom came over to the sidelines after he got tossed last night and was laying into him (or at least she appeared to be). Hopefully he'll get his mind right and come back even more focused in 2024.

Fwiw, my wife had him as a student years ago. He was a good kid, good parents, very athletic with a pedigree (his granddad played basketball at Iowa State), and he excelled academically (still does). Haven't talked to him in years, but I'd love to see a bit more humility on the field.

Yes I was wondering if that was his mom that was talking to him at the fence it showed on packer vision it always gets heated when these 2 teams play and I do agree the refs seemed confused don't know if I've ever seen a 10 minute delay when trying to figure out a penalty when there wasn't an ejection 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Powell has always talked a lot.  I'd say that's a culture piece.

• Upvote 1