Waller valley and clinton

12 hours ago, ipb7 said:

This is controversial to say, but, IMO, Thackerson should have started his JR and SR seasons. I know that will make some upset, I am not the only fan who thinks that.

I agree with you. I believe if Thackerson had started that game against Chattanooga Central, we would've won that game for sure. 

On 11/18/2023 at 2:15 PM, ipb7 said:

Nope, he's gonna be back. My nephew's son starts for Harriman and Harriman's QB will be Clinton"s QB in 2024. He told me it's a done deal. That tells me Coach Keith ain't leaving Clinton.

Good, I hope he gets a life time contract at Clinton.  They will really struggle next year without the basement boys.  They lose the following sr. starters. Skill players:  J Graham, J Hundley, J kieth, W. Phillips, D Marable, J Goins, C Felts, L Pendergrass. OL/DL starters: R Seviers, P. Searle, G Lee, D Ortiz, E. Page.  My point is that there ain't much left.  If he stays, it's gonna be a very difficult rebuild.  This years team was loaded.  

Edited by oridgecat

37 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Good, I hope he gets a life time contract at Clinton.  They will really struggle next year without the basement boys.  They lose the following sr. starters. Skill players:  J Graham, J Hundley, J kieth, W. Phillips, D Marable, J Goins, C Felts, L Pendergrass. OL/DL starters: R Seviers, P. Searle, G Lee, D Ortiz, E. Page.  My point is that there ain't much left.  If he stays, it's gonna be a very difficult rebuild.  This years team was loaded.  

Marable (sp?) is a huge loss. Stud defender. 

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Marable (sp?) is a huge loss. Stud defender. 

The reality for them is when you lose all those dudes at once, you got little to nothing left.  Plus, the kids that will be called on to play have little to no experience as they have been standing around watching these guys play for the last 2-4 years in some cases.  And the fact that they don't play a real freshmen or jv schedule, because they cancel every time they lose on Fri. nite. Gonna be a long year for whoever is the head coach next year.     

Edited by oridgecat

30 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

The reality for them is when you lose all those dudes at once, you got little to nothing left.  Plu, the kids that will be called on to play have little to no experience as they have been standing around watching these guys play for the last 2-4 years in some cases.  And the fact that they don't play a real freshmen or jv schedule, because they cancel every time they lose on Fri. nite. Gonna be a long year for whoever is the head coach next year.     

No doubt.

On 11/20/2023 at 10:41 AM, oridgecat said:

The reality for them is when you lose all those dudes at once, you got little to nothing left.  Plus, the kids that will be called on to play have little to no experience as they have been standing around watching these guys play for the last 2-4 years in some cases.  And the fact that they don't play a real freshmen or jv schedule, because they cancel every time they lose on Fri. nite. Gonna be a long year for whoever is the head coach next year.     

I wouldn't rule Keith out as the coach next year

13 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

If I were him, I would rule myself out.  They are really going to struggle next year, I don't care who the coach is.  

You're assuming his ability to recruit was a one year phenomenon. Say what you will about him, but the man can recruit. The OR recruits didn't help him at all, but the recruits from Knoxville and Alcoa did a lot. He can do the same for years to come, if that's what he chooses to do. The win over OR will help him recruit even better, and reaching the third round won't hurt one bit