Marshall County at Pearl-Cohn - Quarterfinals

howdoitknow

On 11/14/2023 at 1:32 PM, sumcofootball said:

Station Camp fan here.. I think SC gave Marshall the blueprint on how to compete with Pearl this year. Slow the game down and force them to make mistakes. However, I don't think Marshall will use it. I don't see a thread for the game last Friday but it was a wild one for a little bit. I believe at one point Pearl had a 1st & 50 on legit penalties. Pearl has got to clean up the mistakes but I think even with mistakes Pearl will still come out on top. 

In two games PC beat y’all 95-16 and you talking about a blueprint…lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, EaggleNation said:

In two games PC beat y’all 95-16 and you talking about a blueprint…lol

And it was 13-3 at half and SC had 6 starters out. Second half gameplan went out the window when SC RB got hurt. I'm just saying there are ways to compete with Pearl and the first half last Friday showed that, Pearl was just too much in the second half. 

Man O Man!!! I have seen so much for this game…

I’m a TRUE BLUE TIGER fan to the bone!!! BUT… I am a realist as well!!! Quite contraire to what anyone has said, there is NO blueprint for beating an ELITE team as PC is this year!!! Although, anyone can be beaten on any given day!!! We would have to play a PERFECT game, have EVERYTHING go our way!!! So, what are the odds????? I’m not tossing in the towel, but I will say, best of luck to PC and Coach B. moving forward!!! Let’s bring this GOLD BALL to the WEST SIDE of the state!!!!! 
Oh, and I hope they have them darn fish sammiches!!!!!!!! O…M…G!!!!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chiledeme said:

Man O Man!!! I have seen so much for this game…

I’m a TRUE BLUE TIGER fan to the bone!!! BUT… I am a realist as well!!! Quite contraire to what anyone has said, there is NO blueprint for beating an ELITE team as PC is this year!!! Although, anyone can be beaten on any given day!!! We would have to play a PERFECT game, have EVERYTHING go our way!!! So, what are the odds????? I’m not tossing in the towel, but I will say, best of luck to PC and Coach B. moving forward!!! Let’s bring this GOLD BALL to the WEST SIDE of the state!!!!! 
Oh, and I hope they have them darn fish sammiches!!!!!!!! O…M…G!!!!! 

Good luck to your Tigers. PC is a tall task for anyone this year imo. There's definitely no blueprint to beating em either. I think y'all need some clock eating drives with scores at the end of them. I know that's easier said than done. Y'all got a heck of a football team that won't back down. Teat is a high IQ QB so that helps in these kinda of games. I enjoyed watching him play.just hated it ended our season. Lol 

I stated before the playoffs that Station Camp and Marshall County both being region opponents would play Pearl-Cohn in more competitive games the second time around.  The Firebirds responded to the challenges from their tough region foes and are now 2 wins away from a state championship.  Congrats to Coach Brunetti & Co. and good luck in the state semifinals next week.  Next week will mark the 10th time that the Firebirds have practiced football on Thanksgiving Day under Coach Brunetti.