Middle Tenn Hoops

mcraiderfan321

3 hours ago, mcraiderfan321 said:

I have not seen Creekwood but they are usually a pretty well coached team with shooters.  Hard to tell how teams are right after Thanksgiving with practices, tournaments, injuries and everything else the holiday season can bring.  Good luck Friday.

I agree. There are a handful of teams I predict will get better as the year goes. We usually run into them in camps somewhere but I hadn't seen them since last year. Seen where Bradley Central and McMinn Central had a great game last night. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. There are a handful of teams I predict will get better as the year goes. We usually run into them in camps somewhere but I hadn't seen them since last year. Seen where Bradley Central and McMinn Central had a great game last night. 

Creek Wood is a little different this year than past years.  They have a freshman who is legit - athletic, can really score the ball.  They got a transfer from Dickson Co that made them more athletic than past Creek Wood teams.  They're well coached. Creek Wood will be in Murfreesboro in March.  I think Gibson Co wins the game, but it will be a good early test.

4 hours ago, maddams said:

Creek Wood is a little different this year than past years.  They have a freshman who is legit - athletic, can really score the ball.  They got a transfer from Dickson Co that made them more athletic than past Creek Wood teams.  They're well coached. Creek Wood will be in Murfreesboro in March.  I think Gibson Co wins the game, but it will be a good early test.

Gibson County started off play days very  sluggish this Fall as they had 4 girls on the team playing volleyball and 1 soccer, but they have rebounded faster than I thought. Win over Bartlett was a big one as  they had players all over the place. Creek Wood is always well coached and plays tough I agree. Will be a nice challenge for us. Cheatham County beat them a couple of weeks ago so it tells us that Summertown and Loretto will have their hands full in the Region. 

Livingston Academy is poised to make another run at the state championship they looked very seasoned.  I was very very impressed with their play last night.  Cumberland County had a good win last night also.  Coffee County did not miss a beat even without their dominant post player, winning easily by double digits.  Plan to watch Upperman this week and see if they are as advertised.

1 hour ago, mcraiderfan321 said:

Where does Franklin County go to get a coach now that they have lost theirs?  Who do you think will apply or want the job?  Is it a desirable job for anyone interested?  Seems they have struggled last few seasons.

They need some one who can develop fundamentals. they’re missing excitement, experience, and skill

On 12/4/2023 at 9:18 PM, Commodorefan said:

Going to be a long rebuilding process for whoever gets the job im afraid. 

Looks like rebuilding might be easier with Holman leaving Coffee County to transfer back to Franklin County.  Has Coach Cope lost his recruiting touch? He could not get the post from Tullahoma in the summer and then lost the forward from Webb and now loses Holman.  

21 hours ago, mcraiderfan321 said:

Looks like rebuilding might be easier with Holman leaving Coffee County to transfer back to Franklin County.  Has Coach Cope lost his recruiting touch? He could not get the post from Tullahoma in the summer and then lost the forward from Webb and now loses Holman.  

Holman left already? like during the season lol? wow I would've gone to Tullahoma over going back to FC 

On 12/4/2023 at 2:31 PM, Goatsentme said:

They need some one who can develop fundamentals. they’re missing excitement, experience, and skill

FC is a joke since this new AD has taken over... the boy's program is next to fall. No way they should've gotten rid of Holt smh he turned that program around instantly and had them rolling. The new cat they hired who was the assistant under holt just isn't par for the course when it comes to being a Head Coach.