2024 Oak Ridge Wildcats

SweetScience

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

To me the issue is the brass doesn't care enough to make OR what it could be and Rang is figuring it out. He can't even get his new coach in the building except a sub spot

I honestly don’t know, my friend. I don’t know what’s going on there. I’m completely out of the loop. Nobody wants OR football to succeed more than JG, so I couldn’t see him doing anything to keep that from happening. Maybe there aren’t any positions available? Those positions are at a premium, you know. And if all this is true that you’re saying (IF) it pretty much speaks for Coach Rang’s track record in his career. He’s gone from place to place, so it wouldn’t really surprise me if it is true, to be honest. I mean, he has zero ties to OR. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now though.

Edited by SweetScience

12 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I honestly don’t know, my friend. I don’t know what’s going on there. I’m completely out of the loop. Nobody wants OR football to succeed more than JG, so I couldn’t see him doing anything to keep that from happening. Maybe there aren’t any positions available? Those positions are at a premium, you know. And if all this is true that you’re saying (IF) it pretty much speaks for Coach Rang’s track record in his career. He’s gone from place to place, so it wouldn’t really surprise me if it is true, to be honest. I mean, he has zero ties to OR. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now though.

To me I would think that, at least the perception of, OR football should be able to get any coach a position in the building if that is what that coach wants to do. Especially an alumni.

27 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

To me I would think that, at least the perception of, OR football should be able to get any coach a position in the building if that is what that coach wants to do. Especially an alumni.

You’d think so, but on the other hand, I have no clue how any of that stuff works.

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Sounds like OR will reap what they sow.  

I would hate to see Rang leave. Rang, Thomas, Kelly and others have been instrumental in helping many seniors achieve their goal of playing at the next level. It’s not unusual for coaches to look outside of their program when the higher ups are not accommodating. 

19 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

To me the issue is the brass doesn't care enough to make OR what it could be and Rang is figuring it out. He can't even get his new coach in the building except a sub spot

If you have tenured teachers, you cannot just remove them to make a spot for a coach.  Most of those type moves happen in the offseason over the summer anyway.  If said coach cannot teach say a math or history open teaching spot and is only good for physical education then a person in that spot has to move out or your said coach doesn’t get that spot.  Usually how it works. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

If you have tenured teachers, you cannot just remove them to make a spot for a coach.  Most of those type moves happen in the offseason over the summer anyway.  If said coach cannot teach say a math or history open teaching spot and is only good for physical education then a person in that spot has to move out or your said coach doesn’t get that spot.  Usually how it works. 

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. It ain’t as easy as hey, even though you’ve been a tenured teacher for however many years, we now have a guy that coaches football, which makes him more important than you, so you have to go since he’s a football coach!! Lol Life isn’t that simple.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 8:20 AM, GWAVE1 said:

You can create a spot for a guy that is at least a TA level until the next year

On 4/12/2024 at 6:05 PM, orwin231 said:

I would hate to see Rang leave. Rang, Thomas, Kelly and others have been instrumental in helping many seniors achieve their goal of playing at the next level. It’s not unusual for coaches to look outside of their program when the higher ups are not accommodating. 

if we looked at recent history, we already knew they were unaccomadating.