2024 Oak Ridge Wildcats

SweetScience

4 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Better than sub pay. You can look it up on their website. That plus a coaching supplement for football and baseball would be enough to get by on until august

that would still be rough going, and isn't the problem that the positions for next year aren't available?  I thought that's what they were hiring for now.

5 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

You can create a spot for a guy that is at least a TA level until the next year

Not if you do not have proper funding.  Plus why would someone come on board for less than full time teacher pay?  Most of these moves happen in the offseason anyway.  

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Not if you do not have proper funding.  Plus why would someone come on board for less than full time teacher pay?  Most of these moves happen in the offseason anyway.  

G-man, just let it be. You aren’t gonna win with The Sheriff & ILB. Neither one of them ever have anything good to say about the Wildcats. I’m sure they’re both good people in real life, but neither has much love at all for the OR. Anything slightly negative concerning OR, they run with it.

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

G-man, just let it be. You aren’t gonna win with The Sheriff & ILB. Neither one of them ever have anything good to say about the Wildcats. I’m sure they’re both good people in real life, but neither has much love at all for the OR. Anything slightly negative concerning OR, they run with it.

Craziness.   A conversation may have been had, but a conversation does equal a commitment.  We can wait a few weeks and see who is coaching at Spring Practice.

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2024 at 1:19 PM, SweetScience said:

I used to think like that many many moons ago.  I wondered the same questions but learned that it is just not that easy.  Hiring assistant coaches can be complicated at times.  It takes a few years for HC’s to get who they feel is right for their system.  Couple that with good assistant coaches getting better jobs at times and leaving your program. More to it than some think.  I think you have a good coach up there and time will tell that story.  

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 2:00 PM, GWAVE1 said:

He got let go from a college staff and turned down the Central HC job and now is going to be a long term sub because another teacher is taking paternity leave

On 4/15/2024 at 3:54 PM, boyfromsi said:

Craziness.   A conversation may have been had, but a conversation does equal a commitment.  We can wait a few weeks and see who is coaching at Spring Practice.

Rang can't even own up to the clinton loss. He blames Henderson and his son #7. They are both no longer with the team now and moved to Oakland. To me if he had a problem with the plays Henderson was or was not signaling from the DC and who he was playing he should have taken the kid out and took away signaling from henderson

On 4/15/2024 at 2:19 PM, SweetScience said:

I gave Dozier nothing but praises all year and said he needed the ball more