ER vs York trip to Chattanooga on the line

Chiefbigfoot

13 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Riddle me this @crowman there were only 12 games last night so the very best officials that TSSAA has SHOULD have been working these games. Can you imagine the mayhem that would/could have occurred if less seasoned TSSAA officials had been manning the whistles? 

If this had been a random Friday night in September it would have been an absolute nightmare. I understand people want someone to blame and they want to blame the officials but I believe they did a pretty good job considering what they were dealing with. 

6 minutes ago, CCLHL08 said:

I read you and @crow post all week. Thought maybe it was just a couple games being dirty. Boy was i wrong 

No reason to make stuff up, just call it for what it is.  I know cheap and classless when I see it. If it were just one game ,it would be one thing, when its over and over, you figure it out.

• Upvote 1

Watched the game on NFHS York player intentionally twisted the leg of Groves when the fight started but the York announcers ignored that. Other Groves came in to the defense. Good for him hope he is not the one thrown out. That was a classless play on York behalf. Congratulations to East Robertson finish the job now.

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Yeah the refs was calling some of it but they should have went to the coach and said, ENOUGH, at that point ,they should have started tossing them, Wonder this didn't turn out MUCH worse. 

They did stop play and warn both sides in the first quarter if I’m not mistaken. 

8 minutes ago, Fan66 said:

Watched the game on NFHS York player intentionally twisted the leg of Groves when the fight started but the York announcers ignored that. Other Groves came in to the defense. Good for him hope he is not the one thrown out. That was a classless play on York behalf. Congratulations to East Robertson finish the job now.

No the ER player ejected was a lineman apparently. 

14 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Let's say you're an ER parent. You're watching your kid get punched kicked late hit.  You gonna tell him to stand down or defend himself?

I don’t always agree with you but you are spot on with this. It appears now that York didn’t think they could block and tackle better than ER so they resorted to bullying hoping to get ER off their game or make them cower. When ER pushed back against the bullying, it got more heated and became EXTREMELY ugly. It takes two to tango and ER was more than willing to dance last night 

The lack of police presence in the stands was insanity. I think there was only 1 sheriff, and they went down on to the field several times.  There were several verbal altercations between fans.  There is no "line" between fan groups. I am surprised TSSAA allows them to host playoff games in that environment.

30 minutes ago, Fan66 said:

The attempt to maimed by twisting on Groves leg occurred after the game was well in hand  and ER was running out the clock.  York was out of timeouts, couldn’t stop the clock or stop Groves.  IMHO It was so bad of ai incident because it was an attempt to injure the ER star because York was beaten. To me it was the actions of either a bully or a spoiled petulant child either of those should be disciplined 

Edited by TheCommissioner

11 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

The attempt to maimed by twisting on Groves leg occurred after the game was well in hand  and ER was running out the clock.  York was out of timeouts, couldn’t stop the clock or stop Groves.  IMHO It was so bad of ai incident because it was an attempt to injure the ER star because York was beaten. To me it was the actions of either a bully or a spoiled petulant child either of those should be disciplined 

You are calling out the parents of child for how they raise their child.  I’m sure your children were angels. Do I condone what was done absolutely not.  I don’t know which player it was but I do personally know the majority of these kids and they are amazing young men. Do they make mistakes yes. Should a grown man call them a spoiled petulant child? You may want to look in the mirror as you’re talking about young men.  That the majority are under the age of 18.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pujo said:

You,ve lost your mind. Hampton is one of the most disciplined teams your ever gonna play. None are perfect but when junk happens at Hampton, it gets addressed.

You have your opinion. I have watched y’all play teams especially that you know that you will dominate and act out. Y’all about lost your minds on a Oneida playoff game 

Edited by Appvol
  • Upvote 1