THE U TRAVELS TO GREENEVILLE. LETS GO

UCSportsFan

Just now, SouthFL305 said:

You know just about as much as upperman as you know math. You really shouldn’t try and talk unless you actually know the stats. I’m gonna just leave off with that see you Friday. 

I actually do know math quite well.  The moral of this story is after watching the games you all have played.  The kids play hard and to the end.  But, when u are  playing 2a and 3a schools as non conference games you should win.  This Friday may the best prepared  team win.  Go Devils!!!

2 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

It’s always Elizabethton, Greeneville or Anderson County from Quad 1. And it’s never an easy game. Each  Battle tested for sure. They all have to play 5A & 6A teams because other 4A teams will not schedule them. Heck, some upper classes won’t either. When you talk about dominant football programs in Region 1, Elizabethton and Greeneville are tops. And that’s with huge 6A schools like Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett in the mix. They can’t hang with us. I’d like to see Upperman schedule more 5A and 6A opponents and ditch the 2A and 3A teams from the past. They played two 2A schools and one 6A. That will get you wins and look good on the stats but doesn’t prepare you for the playoffs. My daughters boyfriend would have been a senior this season at Upperman if his family hadn’t had to move to Elizabethton. So I’ve had my eyes on them since before we played them in 2021. They are strong and have a solid program. It’s time for the administration to stop playing around and get rid of that crappy stadium and field and build one for a winning program. I think those young men have done good and NOW is the time to take it to the next level. Good luck to both teams. I will be at this game with the aforementioned boyfriend, so he can maybe visit his friends. He’s got a couple of rings (one gold and one silver) so maybe they can get a shot at one too?!

Upperman had 6A on there schedule this year. I think you’re on here just talking smack cause they faced a pretty decent schedule this season and beat both teams that hit them pretty hard last season blowing both of them out. This team isn’t the same team that lost last season and the season before they are legit they come to play ball. 

2 minutes ago, Morice49 said:

I actually do know math quite well.  The moral of this story is after watching the games you all have played.  The kids play hard and to the end.  But, when u are  playing 2a and 3a schools as non conference games you should win.  This Friday may the best prepared  team win.  Go Devils!!!

Um you better go research that they have played only 3 games out of region that are lower and have played up 3 games again you don’t know your stats they are undefeated in the region also beating 2 of them teams twice in the region you wanna see the them go to uppercumberlandreporter.com and watch them I’ve seen all of Greenville games so far they are good but so was Macon so was Stone so was Whitehouse so was Fayetteville so was Lebanon devils do your research then talk 

41 minutes ago, SouthFL305 said:

Um you better go research that they have played only 3 games out of region that are lower and have played up 3 games again you don’t know your stats they are undefeated in the region also beating 2 of them teams twice in the region you wanna see the them go to uppercumberlandreporter.com and watch them I’ve seen all of Greenville games so far they are good but so was Macon so was Stone so was Whitehouse so was Fayetteville so was Lebanon devils do your research then talk 

You're saying all those teams were on the same level as Greeneville? 

7 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

You're saying all those teams were on the same level as Greeneville? 

No im saying that’s instead of claiming upperman had a 2A and 3A schedule and saying that’s the only reason they are 13-0 out some respect on them until the end of the game Friday night and stop talking down on a team with made up stats and made up info 

Bands are allowed to play while the other team is on the field. Noise makers that have batterie such as a train horn (That’s you Anderson County) are not allowed. Noise makers like cowbells and shakers are allowed. I think noise is a good thing when it’s done in a legal way. It’s called home field advantage. If you don’t like it then maybe get away from sports. At every single level of high competition there is crowd noise and you use it to your advantage and if you are playing against it then you practice against it

Upperman has played some good teams. White County is the biggest school in 4a. They have been in 5a until this season. No we havnt played Alcoa, Maryville, Oakland and ect. Macon Co could have been were we our this week played Greeneville. Macon Co has some players the border kids our terrific players. The quarterback at white co is a great player. Lebanon has a good rb also. Both teams I’m sure our ready buckle up the chinstraps and vet after each other. I have a lot of respect for Greeneville and there team but I still feel upperman can home with a victory Friday night. This team is different in the past on offense we have been one dimensional and this team is not. Defense kept us in games early until then offense came around. Upperman rb that was up for mr football 2 years ago is finally getting back to full strength. He tore his knee up last year. So this should be a good game. Whoever wants it the most Friday night will get to play for the state title on December 2. 

There is a lot of passionate fans on here. That what’s so fun with high school football. Greeneville has a great program if upperman wants to get the point were Greeneville, Elizabethan, Alcoa and ect. You have to beat them and if you don’t play them you can’t get to that point. Upperman will find were they our at Friday and just go from there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SouthFL305 said:

Upperman had 6A on there schedule this year. I think you’re on here just talking smack cause they faced a pretty decent schedule this season and beat both teams that hit them pretty hard last season blowing both of them out. This team isn’t the same team that lost last season and the season before they are legit they come to play ball. 

They had 1 6A team and 2 2A teams. I looked it up. One of the 2 A teams (Smith Co) had a good season at 10-3. The other 2A team (Fayetteville) was 6-6 and the 6A (Lebanon) was 5-5. By no means were any of those schools on par with a Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett, Alcoa, Knox West, Powell or Bearden. All of those 5 and 6A teams (except Alcoa, and all know about that) were on the schedules of Elizabethton, Greeneville or Anderson County. Listen, I am not knocking the Bees. Just stating facts. If they want to take the next step, they need to play tougher opponents. There’s no shame in loosing to a better team playing up or down in class. That tough competition prepares you for the goal. And that perfect record isn’t the goal. It’s winning the last 5 games of the year, and those games all being in the playoffs! If you want to beat the best you have to play that hard schedule. And I’d like to see them move in that direction. I’m from Elizabethton, but I love watching good high school football teams. If we can’t move on in the playoffs, then Greeneville. If not Greeneville then Anderson Co. If not AC, then Upperman. I’ll pull for whoever is representing our Region, Quad or the East. But I’ll admire good football and acknowledge it when I see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthFL305 said:

No im saying that’s instead of claiming upperman had a 2A and 3A schedule and saying that’s the only reason they are 13-0 out some respect on them until the end of the game Friday night and stop talking down on a team with made up stats and made up info 

2 hours ago, SouthFL305 said:

This guy obviously knows nothing about football lol 

56 minutes ago, Volsfan52 said:

Upperman has played some good teams. White County is the biggest school in 4a. They have been in 5a until this season. No we havnt played Alcoa, Maryville, Oakland and ect. Macon Co could have been were we our this week played Greeneville. Macon Co has some players the border kids our terrific players. The quarterback at white co is a great player. Lebanon has a good rb also. Both teams I’m sure our ready buckle up the chinstraps and vet after each other. I have a lot of respect for Greeneville and there team but I still feel upperman can home with a victory Friday night. This team is different in the past on offense we have been one dimensional and this team is not. Defense kept us in games early until then offense came around. Upperman rb that was up for mr football 2 years ago is finally getting back to full strength. He tore his knee up last year. So this should be a good game. Whoever wants it the most Friday night will get to play for the state title on December 2. 

I hope Rollins can play well. He and my daughters boyfriend, Kaleb Holzer, played a lot of ball together before Kaleb moved. I hated seeing him injured. I think Kaleb is going with me to the game. His season/career ended at the Anderson County game a couple of weeks ago. And I know win or loose, he’d like to see his friends on both teams.