THE U TRAVELS TO GREENEVILLE. LETS GO

UCSportsFan

7 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

It will be a tall task to beat Greeneville at home. Upperman wont be intimidated but will they have enough athletes on the field to win?  I still say one year away from the State title game but would take it a year early if it came. 

Playing Elizabethton and Greeneville will give the coaches an idea of what it takes to push through. I’m sure they are better prepared for this game than they were last time when they played Betsy. There’s no substitute for that big game experience. They are were we were after moving up in class in 2017. We had good teams in 17 and 18 but ran into the two best teams Greeneville has ever had and two really good Anderson County teams. The coaches realized it was going to take more. The players were challenged. And they made a commitment. Player ran 6:30am workouts started every morning before school the week following their second round loss to AC. We had 2020 pegged as our year. It came early in 2019. So, you never know. The old saying is true. “That’s why we play the game!”

33 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Playing Elizabethton and Greeneville will give the coaches an idea of what it takes to push through. I’m sure they are better prepared for this game than they were last time when they played Betsy. There’s no substitute for that big game experience. They are were we were after moving up in class in 2017. We had good teams in 17 and 18 but ran into the two best teams Greeneville has ever had and two really good Anderson County teams. The coaches realized it was going to take more. The players were challenged. And they made a commitment. Player ran 6:30am workouts started every morning before school the week following their second round loss to AC. We had 2020 pegged as our year. It came early in 2019. So, you never know. The old saying is true. “That’s why we play the game!”

Good stuff Dave! I love the Upperman fans on here. Not cocky but confident. Probably reflects team and program attitude. I think we are developing Quadrant 2 friends and like minded football folk. Looking forward to a great game Friday.

8 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

It will be a tall task to beat Greeneville at home. Upperman wont be intimidated but will they have enough athletes on the field to win?  I still say one year away from the State title game but would take it a year early if it came. 

Just watched some of the Greeneville vs Anderson game on YouTube. They look to be playing at a totally different level than what the Upperman vs Macon game was played at last week. 

7 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Will Greenville have a live stream of the game? Does Grassroots cover it? I’m hoping Uppercumberland Reporter will be able to stream there but if not I need a back up plan

Not this week Crow. I contacted Grassroots and they are not. NFHS is it at this time. We are not fans of NFHS. WGRV does a great job even though they are the hometown radio. I just go to Coacht scoreboard and go to our game.

6 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Not this week Crow. I contacted Grassroots and they are not. NFHS is it at this time. We are not fans of NFHS. WGRV does a great job even though they are the hometown radio. I just go to Coacht scoreboard and go to our game.

I have NFHS but they are typically really bad quality with no audio. That’s kind of a bummer.

• Upvote 1

On 11/19/2023 at 9:18 AM, Footballtrophyholder said:

JohnnyRay, you must be new to Upperman football the GOAT is Blake Metzgar! Check out his stats then you can edit your comment. Go Bees!!!

Thats not the goat. Until someone has 74 tds in a season, 2700 pass and 2600 rushing in a season, scores 9 tds in a playoff game, and has 125 career tds....the goat will be Conner "Sunshine" York. 

23 hours ago, Morice49 said:

I actually do know math quite well.  The moral of this story is after watching the games you all have played.  The kids play hard and to the end.  But, when u are  playing 2a and 3a schools as non conference games you should win.  This Friday may the best prepared  team win.  Go Devils!!!

Lebanon is 6a