THE U TRAVELS TO GREENEVILLE. LETS GO

UCSportsFan

30 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Lebanon is 6a with a 500 record.  We will see Friday exactly what this conversation was referring too.  That's why true stats aren't really important here and rough estimates were used.  You will see!! Go Devils!!!

31 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Lebanon is 6a

50 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Thats not the goat. Until someone has 74 tds in a season, 2700 pass and 2600 rushing in a season, scores 9 tds in a playoff game, and has 125 career tds....the goat will be Conner "Sunshine" York. 

York is undeniably the GOAT on offense but I was referring to just the HB/FB position. As a JR, Palk has 1402 yds and 13 TDs on 208 carries. Metzgar had 1959 yds and 39 TDs on 236 carries. No, this isn't as good as Metzgar's stats but if you consider this year Rollins has also shouldered the load with 410 yds, 8 TDs on 65 touches, Palk would be getting up there if he was fed the ball more often. A lot of potential next year. This'll be a good test for the Bees

On 11/18/2023 at 9:11 AM, Swipes said:

Here is the Link to the game against Anderson County so you can get a look at the Greene Devils

Greeneville Prides themself on D and being the most Physical team.  The team goes as Quillen (Upperman fans should know this name from the baseball state championship game last year) goes and very hard to stop.  We will try to run it down your throat and will throw some quick slants, bubble screens, and try to stretch it down field some to open up the run game if you stacked the box (Its what we in the 2nd half against AC).  Athletic Line on both O and D and have some guys that are great in pass coverage.  You better be able to throw the ball because lining it up and trying to run right at us won't work. (Held Mr. Football Semi-Finalist to 33 yards on 18 carries last night).  Should be a fun game but feel Greeneville is more battle tested and a couple of scores favorite from what film i've seen of Upperman

Swipes whatever happened to DevilMan03? I kinda enjoyed his over the top posts he was hilarious lol. As for the game if you keep up with 4A since Greeneville went on their run, this semifinal game takes a step back from the round 3 game of  whoever survives Betsy , AC and Greeneville. This one will be no different. I honestly don't think Upperman could beat AC or Betsy. 

22 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

They had 1 6A team and 2 2A teams. I looked it up. One of the 2 A teams (Smith Co) had a good season at 10-3. The other 2A team (Fayetteville) was 6-6 and the 6A (Lebanon) was 5-5. By no means were any of those schools on par with a Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett, Alcoa, Knox West, Powell or Bearden. All of those 5 and 6A teams (except Alcoa, and all know about that) were on the schedules of Elizabethton, Greeneville or Anderson County. Listen, I am not knocking the Bees. Just stating facts. If they want to take the next step, they need to play tougher opponents. There’s no shame in loosing to a better team playing up or down in class. That tough competition prepares you for the goal. And that perfect record isn’t the goal. It’s winning the last 5 games of the year, and those games all being in the playoffs! If you want to beat the best you have to play that hard schedule. And I’d like to see them move in that direction. I’m from Elizabethton, but I love watching good high school football teams. If we can’t move on in the playoffs, then Greeneville. If not Greeneville then Anderson Co. If not AC, then Upperman. I’ll pull for whoever is representing our Region, Quad or the East. But I’ll admire good football and acknowledge it when I see it. 

Why all the talk about Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett, Alcoa, Knox West, Powell or Bearden? Greeneville did not play any of those teams. No one on Greeneville's schedule (counting playoffs) has won double digit games in 2023. Macon County was 11-2 (both losses to Upperman) and Smith County was 10-3. Greeneville's big advantage is playing at home and for that they should be favored but I don't understand the references to teams Greeneville did not play. This game should be a good one.

9 minutes ago, winstonblue said:

Why all the talk about Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett, Alcoa, Knox West, Powell or Bearden? Greeneville did not play any of those teams. No one on Greeneville's schedule (counting playoffs) has won double digit games in 2023. Macon County was 11-2 (both losses to Upperman) and Smith County was 10-3. Greeneville's big advantage is playing at home and for that they should be favored but I don't understand the references to teams Greeneville did not play. This game should be a good one.

Greeneville did play Alcoa and Dobyns Bennett. Weather kept them from finishing the games. 

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Swipes whatever happened to DevilMan03? I kinda enjoyed his over the top posts he was hilarious lol. As for the game if you keep up with 4A since Greeneville went on their run, this semifinal game takes a step back from the round 3 game of  whoever survives Betsy , AC and Greeneville. This one will be no different. I honestly don't think Upperman could beat AC or Betsy. 

:mrgreen:

16 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

State Championship 

2017-Greeneville 15-0 (East) 54-14 over Springfield 

2018-Greeneville 15-0 (East) 56-21 over Haywood

2019-Elizabethton 15-0 (East) 30-6 over Springfield (Springfield crossed the 50 1 time)

2020-Elizabethton 15-0 (East) 41-14 over Haywood 

2021-Tullahoma 15-0 (West) 21-14 over Elizabethton (2 OT) (7-7 end of regulation)

2022-Anderson County 15-0 (East) 34-30 over Pearl Cohn

in 4A….up till now….yes. Maybe PC will have something to say about it this season.

Yep, from everything I’ve seen, Pearl Cohn is the real deal this year and if one of the other final four teams is able to beat them, they will have to be one of the very best teams in the state no matter the size

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Yep, from everything I’ve seen, Pearl Cohn is the real deal this year and if one of the other final four teams is able to beat them, they will have to be one of the very best teams in the state no matter the size

Have not seen BVD's online presence in a while, is he okay?      Will he be at this game?