Bearden Bulldogs 2024

JournalEntry

The old head coach relieved his duties and became the athletic director, (for the second time), and the former athletic director hired Jones before the former HC took the position (for the second time). Jones has really only worked for one AD since the former AD was in the position during his first spring semester but not regular season. The Bball coach was on the interview committee because the AD change was imminent. Just so happened his son was the freshman QB that year.

1 hour ago, JournalEntry said:

Did the basketball coach even have enough pull and influence to dictate the hire? 

Coach Parent definitely has a word in the athletic department at Bearden, how important basketball is at Bearden and what he has done with it. He definitely has a word or two about what goes on.

5 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

I mean, I doubt it, but then again, his son is the starting quarterback on the football team, so maybe, there was also an athletic director change when Coach Jones was hired, so I really don’t know if it was the old athletic director who hired Coach Jones or the current athletic director because, if I remember correctly, there was no sitting athletic director when Coach Jones was hired, so maybe he had a word in it.

Our old athletic director was the one who hired Coach Jones. It was not until about 5 months later that our former football coach and former athletic director, before becoming football coaches, would become the new athletic director.

Jones was hired in December 10th

Shinlever was hired as AD in May 12th

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Actually, Knox County Schools hired JJ. 

Knox County Schools are responsible for final  decision of hiring and firing. Knox County Schools didn't pick Coach Jones from a bunch of candidates/applicants for the HFBC job. All the other previously mentioned people had more of a hand in it than KCS. The major player was the booster club/parent$ person/persons. 

2 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Knox County Schools are responsible for final  decision of hiring and firing. Knox County Schools didn't pick Coach Jones from a bunch of candidates/applicants for the HFBC job. All the other previously mentioned people had more of a hand in it than KCS. The major player was the booster club/parent$ person/persons. 

You could have quit after your first sentence. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

Justin Underwood, Jeremy Parrott, Ryan Radcliffe and Donald Balcom hired Jones. Justin, Jeremy and Ryan have made their living off of recruiting and Donald fan boy’d it into existence for football. Even though his hire violated KCS school board procedure.

I’ve read some pretty stupid stuff on this website, but this takes the cake hands-down.