Bearden Bulldogs 2024

JournalEntry

7 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

So, they had a deal with the Bball coach that did not allow them to bring in a qb, but the BBall coach was a big supporter in bringing him in?  Not trying to be a smart a, but you lost me there.  

So the Bball coach was a big supporter in bringing jones in, but Jones and Parrot(bball coach, QB's dad) made a side deal. If Jones comes in he can't bring another QB in until his son is gone. So once Bball coaches son is done at QB then jones will bring in a recruit and they will be able to do more than just run the ball.

4 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

So the Bball coach was a big supporter in bringing jones in, but Jones and Parrot(bball coach, QB's dad) made a side deal. If Jones comes in he can't bring another QB in until his son is gone. So once Bball coaches son is done at QB then jones will bring in a recruit and they will be able to do more than just run the ball.

Gotcha, makes perfect sense now.  Good stuff. 

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

They weren't allowed to bring in a QB per part of the deal with the Boys Bball coach. BBall coach was a big supporter in bringing him in. If he stays longer than the current QB he will get the best knox county QB and then the passing game will be better.

Best QB in Knox Co isn't banging down the door to come to Bearden. By every single metric Bearden was better throwing the ball in Parrot's 2nd year. This year, he went back to his freshmen year numbers. The "guru" simply isn't. Got Crawford in there so they could have a run game besides the inside zone which lead to him getting rid of his longtime friend and OL coach in favor of Crawford. Crawford then ran the offense and ran practice and all game planning from then on. 

This also isn't relevant to the other numbers that are all clearly average/below average. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PostingGawd39 said:

Best QB in Knox Co isn't banging down the door to come to Bearden. By every single metric Bearden was better throwing the ball in Parrot's 2nd year. This year, he went back to his freshmen year numbers. The "guru" simply isn't. Got Crawford in there so they could have a run game besides the inside zone which lead to him getting rid of his longtime friend and OL coach in favor of Crawford. Crawford then ran the offense and ran practice and all game planning from then on. 

This also isn't relevant to the other numbers that are all clearly average/below average. 

I bet the frosh QB at powell wouldve went to bearden if current QB wasn't the bball coaches son. Heck he may transfer there once the current QB is gone. IF Jones stays that long. I think he realizes that the region Bearden is in is too hard to win. My guess is he will go private or 5A or 4A. If he wanted Fulton he could take it. My guess is he knows there are a lot of problems there because I havent heard his name mentioned. Be a heck of a lot easier to get his kids there instead of west knox.

20 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

They weren't allowed to bring in a QB per part of the deal with the Boys Bball coach. BBall coach was a big supporter in bringing him in. If he stays longer than the current QB he will get the best knox county QB and then the passing game will be better.

Didn’t they get a QB from Seymour?

20 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

They got Madden Guddfy from Seymour. They were fighting for the starting spot all year. Drew won it. I don’t know why you are acting like Parrot (the qb) is bad. He’s a normal high school QB. He doesn’t have a good arm? OK, I can name many other QB’s that don’t. He is still a good rushing QB and when he gets hot he gets hot in the throwing game, it’s just hard to get those games, but let’s see how his senior year goes before we start throwing stuff like this out.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, Elias287 said:

They got Madden Guddfy from Seymour. They were fighting for the starting spot all year. Drew won it. I don’t know why you are acting like Parrot (the qb) is bad. He’s a normal high school QB. He doesn’t have a good arm? OK, I can name many other QB’s that don’t. He is still a good rushing QB and when he gets hot he gets hot in the throwing game, it’s just hard to get those games, but let’s see how his senior year goes before we start throwing stuff like this out.

You have to realize 99% of people who bash Bearden high school football have never watched Bearden high school football. That’s something I learned earlier in the season.

On 11/21/2023 at 2:29 PM, oridgecat said:

Gotcha, makes perfect sense now.  Good stuff. 

It absolutely makes no sense, and it’s kind of laughable if we’re going off @SheriffofRedRock logic. We should just kick our other two running backs off the team, number 6 and number 22, because his other son (the basketball coach's son) also plays running back, and he’s really good at it. He even got some varsity snaps early in the season. Not better than number 6 or number 22, but that doesn’t matter, just go ahead and cut them off the roster so the basketball coach’s son can be running back number one! Really, just laughable. Please don’t believe everything you see on the Internet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JournalEntry said:

Did the basketball coach even have enough pull and influence to dictate the hire? 

I mean, I doubt it, but then again, his son is the starting quarterback on the football team, so maybe, there was also an athletic director change when Coach Jones was hired, so I really don’t know if it was the old athletic director who hired Coach Jones or the current athletic director because, if I remember correctly, there was no sitting athletic director when Coach Jones was hired, so maybe he had a word in it.