Bearden Bulldogs 2024

JournalEntry

23 hours ago, HTV said:

You could have quit after your first sentence. 

Why? Just saying Knox County Schools hired a coach would be incomplete. Knox County school  (l assume you mean the central office and the BOE ) has very little to do with the actual process of getting candidates for any coaching position. It starts at the lowest levels. Parents, boosters, coaches, the candidates themselves , ADs , and principals . Hiring Coach Jones at BHS was definitely a group process. 

On 11/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, Elias287 said:

They got Madden Guddfy from Seymour. They were fighting for the starting spot all year. Drew won it. I don’t know why you are acting like Parrot (the qb) is bad. He’s a normal high school QB. He doesn’t have a good arm? OK, I can name many other QB’s that don’t. He is still a good rushing QB and when he gets hot he gets hot in the throwing game, it’s just hard to get those games, but let’s see how his senior year goes before we start throwing stuff like this out.

I was just responding as to why they could only run the ball. He is a goos HS QB yes and has the ability to run. Once a Jones can get in his guy he will and they will be able to throw the ball. That is what he wants to do.

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2023 at 3:01 PM, Dawgz4life said:

Yes we did per usual @SheriffofRedRock has no idea what he’s talking about.

Come on now lets be honest, aint nobody wanting anyone form seemore butts. I ain't bad mouthing your guy. I'm actually giving him props. Once he can bring in his own guy ya'll will be slinging the ball around like crazy. Just like he did at Powell and Fulton. Someone was talking about the lack of the ability to throw the ball and I just explained my opinion as to why it was and how it will soon change for the better.

• Upvote 1

"Once Jones brings in his own guy" I thought the Bearden homers were on here saying Jones don't recruit, but this sounds like something on a college board, not public high school where recruiting is illegal.  You Bearden guys know exactly what is going on and you just expose yourself over and over on here.  Just admit that Jones is a cheater and that you do not care that he cheats.  You just sound dumb when you keep saying stuff like show me proof and no he dont cheat when your next post says as soon as Jones brings in his guy.

1 hour ago, RakingCoal said:

"Once Jones brings in his own guy" I thought the Bearden homers were on here saying Jones don't recruit, but this sounds like something on a college board, not public high school where recruiting is illegal.  You Bearden guys know exactly what is going on and you just expose yourself over and over on here.  Just admit that Jones is a cheater and that you do not care that he cheats.  You just sound dumb when you keep saying stuff like show me proof and no he dont cheat when your next post says as soon as Jones brings in his guy.

He can bring in his own coaching staff? Must be a new rule.

I am by no means a bearden guy, I just call it like it is.

But anyone would be lying if they said they would not do the same thing he does 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Why? Just saying Knox County Schools hired a coach would be incomplete. Knox County school  (l assume you mean the central office and the BOE ) has very little to do with the actual process of getting candidates for any coaching position. It starts at the lowest levels. Parents, boosters, coaches, the candidates themselves , ADs , and principals . Hiring Coach Jones at BHS was definitely a group process. 

So you don't think the powers that be at Bearden had the sense to check with HR before they went thru the process to see if Jones were going to be an acceptable candidate?  

Spin it how one wants, but the final decision comes down to Knox County Central Office, not the local schools.  

And if you believe that booster clubs actually have any say so in who is or isn't hired you are only kidding yourself.  Some administrators offer them lip service by thinking that they actually are part of the process, but in the end its administrators and Knox County Central Office.  Booster parents come and go and in the end aren't part of that process.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HTV said:

So you don't think the powers that be at Bearden had the sense to check with HR before they went thru the process to see if Jones were going to be an acceptable candidate?  

Spin it how one wants, but the final decision comes down to Knox County Central Office, not the local schools.  

And if you believe that booster clubs actually have any say so in who is or isn't hired you are only kidding yourself.  Some administrators offer them lip service by thinking that they actually are part of the process, but in the end its administrators and Knox County Central Office.  Booster parents come and go and in the end aren't part of that process.  

The owner of Mooyah burgers made this hire. Well, he actually wanted Rusty Bradley but when that didn’t work out he went with his plan B. 

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

KCS made the final decision just like any other hire. They take a recommendation from the principal. Most of the time they will hire whoever the principal hires. They have to go through a background check just like any other job. When I saw that a HC was not going to be a certified teacher I was shocked as well, but they can hire whoever they want at the end of the day. He clearly was qualified for the job. Everyone recruits in knox county and the whole state. He is just better. Anyone else would do what he does if they could.