Bearden Bulldogs 2024

JournalEntry

On 11/27/2023 at 12:19 PM, HTV said:

So you don't think the powers that be at Bearden had the sense to check with HR before they went thru the process to see if Jones were going to be an acceptable candidate?  

Spin it how one wants, but the final decision comes down to Knox County Central Office, not the local schools.  

And if you believe that booster clubs actually have any say so in who is or isn't hired you are only kidding yourself.  Some administrators offer them lip service by thinking that they actually are part of the process, but in the end its administrators and Knox County Central Office.  Booster parents come and go and in the end aren't part of that process.  

l never mentioned if HR was contacted. That was some other guy. Never said the final decision wasn't Central Office/BOE. Principals like the one at BHS don't really know enough about football or football coaching to just pick a coach. Bearden parents and Boosters do have power. If not they would not have tried to hire non teachers for the Head Football Coach at BHS. They wanted Rusty Bradley, he is not a certified teacher. Rusty played at BHS and the booster/parent that got it moving played with Coach Bradley. Rusty turned it down. Now you have Coach Jones. Bearden parents/boosters have gone to central office/BOE to get coaches fired before, so you don't think they can get someone hired? 

18 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

There's no difference between them as nouns. English very often has this free choice between punctuation variations. Welcome to learning the English language anyway. You have no idea what you were talking about, and you just goes on and on constantly about nothing or stuff that you just make up, and then I can’t ask for proof. If a homeless psycho comes up to me and tells me the US is bombing China, I’m pretty sure 99% of people are going to ask for proof before believing the psycho.

You can ask for what ever you want. There are no rules on the T

1 hour ago, JournalEntry said:

Any word on local players hitting the portal trying to get over to Kingston Pike?

I know there’s some people trying to head over to East Knoxville & the Knoxville area. I’ve heard rumors, but those are just of course rumors nothing has been confirmed yet. I don’t expect much movement on the pike, if any, except for the admirals, about time they get back in the market.

They were not too happy with Old Anderson County last season. I’m sure they will be on their a game this year.

Edited by Dawgz4life

18 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

I know there’s some people trying to head over to East Knoxville & the Knoxville area. I’ve heard rumors, but those are just of course rumors nothing has been confirmed yet. I don’t expect much movement on the pike, if any, except for the admirals, about time they get back in the market.

They were not too happy with Old Anderson County last season. I’m sure they will be on their a game this year.

you don't think their academics do the recruiting for them?

19 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

They? who wasn't happy?

I have heard that several Bearden lifers are not very happy with jones bringing in all these recruits and doing his shaddy dealings.  How can anyone that grew up going to Bearden games since they were kids liking what he has turned the Bearden program into. a public school using private school recruiting is all it is.  Recruit a bunch of guys beat up on the not so good teams and fold when it the playoffs get tough.

3 minutes ago, RakingCoal said:

I have heard that several Bearden lifers are not very happy with jones bringing in all these recruits and doing his shaddy dealings.  How can anyone that grew up going to Bearden games since they were kids liking what he has turned the Bearden program into. a public school using private school recruiting is all it is.  Recruit a bunch of guys beat up on the not so good teams and fold when it the playoffs get tough.

Yeah, you haven’t heard that anywhere. Nice try though.:lol:

and congrats! Welcome to East Knoxville High School football! Every team has good recruits. Your team was the first to start doing it down here, and guess what times have changed? You ain’t the only one anymore. Schools like Austin East, Bearden, Harden Valley, Heritage, etc. get sucked dry every year until they find someone like Bearden. It's going to keep happening, but when they do, I’m sure everyone will start whining, just like everyone has with the coach Jones hire. So here, go find you a bucket, and you can collect all your tears in there.

1 hour ago, Dawgz4life said:

No baseball does tho

nope.  Baseball's success recruits on it's own. They don't have to break any rules.  They had like 13 or 14 kids sign d1 last year and theyve had 12 state championships.  I don't know how many pros they've had but it's a ton.  programs successful over the long haul often don't have to recruit.  That's why i don't think alcoa reallly recruits either. Do kids move ther? sure.  But people aren't out contacting players.  They don't have to, and it wouldn't be worth it to.